Alternate US States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alternate US States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternate US States  (Read 155399 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« on: December 27, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »

Hi, if its the counties is your trouble, maybe you should just mush and mash the county lines a bit to make huge counties. Like OTL Southeast California, and western Texas! Also DO COUNTINUE Tongue
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »

any chance in a revival effort?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:28:06 PM »

YES!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 09:11:12 PM »

Anyway, North and South Florida are coming next! Smiley

Yay!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »

Eh McCollum is like 70 years old, I'd say someone else, like Will Weatherford (went to Jacksonville University, Represented Pasco County (directly north of Hillsboro and Pinellas Counties)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:43:20 PM »

Eh McCollum is like 70 years old, I'd say someone else, like Will Weatherford (went to Jacksonville University, Represented Pasco County (directly north of Hillsboro and Pinellas Counties)

Didn't he almost win the GOP primary against Scott in 2010?

Well he did, but in 2014, I'd say Weatherford is the frontrunner and McCollum won't run again. IMO McCollum would be popular, but he'd need an heir, think of it this way: Old yet popular governor versus charismatic (and very, very tanned) guy who looks like he could be President? (looks, not can be, looks) IMO a 34 year old Speaker of the Florida who was elected to the State House when he was 28 would have a great chance. But here's the thing with Willy, the issue he drastically failed at is the exact thing that makes Tampa and Sarasota (south of his district) famous, retiree healthcare
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »

Anthony, if you want, starting next month I could draw congressional districts for each of these states for you.

That would be fantastic! Cheesy I was actually thinking of asking people in the Political Geography board about that! I'd really like to see some Congressional maps based on the political realities I've created, to see how much could actually change.

Well he did, but in 2014, I'd say Weatherford is the frontrunner and McCollum won't run again. IMO McCollum would be popular, but he'd need an heir, think of it this way: Old yet popular governor versus charismatic (and very, very tanned) guy who looks like he could be President? (looks, not can be, looks) IMO a 34 year old Speaker of the Florida who was elected to the State House when he was 28 would have a great chance. But here's the thing with Willy, the issue he drastically failed at is the exact thing that makes Tampa and Sarasota (south of his district) famous, retiree healthcare

Very interesting insight, thanks. Smiley So we can say there's about to be a very tough primary challenge for McCollum...

Well, McCollum would probably just not run for another term. I doubt he would Buchanan the Bush ('92 GOP Primary)

He would live in South Florida. So he could very well be a influential legislator down there but not North Florida.

.....oh.... I guess Webster would be the frontrunner then
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »

Yes we're eagerly awaiting North Texas! Cheesy
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:47 AM »

I've got to keep something good for the ending. Wink

EVS of both of them and county results of only the changed states?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »

So is Ohio the Northern half, or the Southern half?

Northern half

((yay Fuzzy is back!))
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 06:45:40 AM »

So is Ohio the Northern half, or the Southern half?

Erie is the northern State (obviously Tongue) so Ohio is the southern one.

I'll try to post Erie's profile by tomorrow, anyway. Smiley

Oh *facepalm*
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »

Since you took Indiana's access to Lake Michigan and gave it all to Chicago, any plans to compensate Indiana for that loss?

Surely Jesus will provide.

I was asking Antoino V

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »

We'll it's been an entire year since my second bump (in December it will be two years) so far I think that with about five pages of updates, this is one of my favorite threads on the forum. Keep up the good work Antonio! Smiley
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »

It looks pretty great! However, what would be the county map? I'm a bit confused on where are the Republican ones, and the Democtaric ones. Tongue
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »

Awesome! Cheesy
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 05:01:28 AM »

YAY! IT'S BACK AGAIN! Cheesy

Might I add that it still is technically two months, so I guess you could say that you made it by two or three days! Smiley
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:29 PM »

It's really cool so far!

One thing though, I would assume that people were interested in the 2010-2020 Senate elections. Though it does make sense that you would start in the '00s.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »

One thing though, I would assume that people were interested in the 2010-2020 Senate elections. Though it does make sense that you would start in the '00s.

Well, once I cover every past election, I can make Atlas-style predictions for 2016 races. Smiley I won't venture into 2018 or 2020 though, because trying to predict races more than two years ahead is utterly pointless IMO.

Oh, okay, thanks!

One question, what do you think is going to be your next big project? Or is this your one big submission for us?

Also, back in 2008 when you started this (or so) did you make any timelines?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »

Amazing work Antonio! I hope the next big project comes soon Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length