Alternate US States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alternate US States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternate US States  (Read 155735 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: May 15, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

Interesting -- keep going.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:54 AM »

Yeah -- I haven't commented here in a while, but I'm still reading, and this is fantastic.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:42 AM »

I think trump still wins alt-Illinois and South Florida, but it would be very narrow over Cruz and Rubio, respectively, and I'd love to see the exact calculations. North Florida and Chicagoland would be rather foregone conclusions Tongue
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:32:46 PM »

Nice work, Antonio! Fascinating stuff. Cruz actually comes much closer than I expected in alt-Illinois; he would probably have won had an actual primary like that been held, since his attention could've been more focused.

I think trump still wins alt-Illinois and South Florida, but it would be very narrow over Cruz and Rubio, respectively, and I'd love to see the exact calculations. North Florida and Chicagoland would be rather foregone conclusions Tongue

Trump's worst areas in FL after Miami were Orlando and Tallahassee, and they are in his North Florida.  The remarkable thing about FL was how consistent Trump's margin was everywhere in the state outside of those three cities.

Yeah, but Miami would absolutely dominate the political life of South Florida; it would be a massive presence. Even in real life, Rubio did better than his statewide totals in just 7/67 counties in FL (Dade, Broward, Hillsborough, Orange, Seminole, St. John's, and Leon), and worse in 60/67. He received 27% statewide while crossing 30% in just two counties (Orange and Dade).

I don't think Miami's dominance over the rest of South Florida, especially in a Republican primary, is quite enough for Rubio to win. But I'd love to see how much closer he gets.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies