Alternate US States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:08:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alternate US States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternate US States  (Read 155494 times)
OAM

« on: November 15, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

*sigh*  I'd be rushing to get out of downstate even faster if this was the case.
OAM

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »

It's time for a ticker-tape parade for this thread I think!
OAM

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »

I've talked to someone from Upstate NY about this, and they are likewise just as clueless about who would step up for the new state's leaders, from either party really.
OAM

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:55 AM »

I've talked to someone from Upstate NY about this, and they are likewise just as clueless about who would step up for the new state's leaders, from either party really.

Oh wow, I guess that says a lot about the degree of political alienation that the Upstate suffers from the NYC metro. Tongue

It's coming from someone who's a fellow political scientist too Tongue
OAM

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 01:45:52 AM »

Wow, AY is one crazy state!
OAM

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »

Ah, that's an excellent write up too.  I actually didn't suspect the Floridas would be that interesting.  Granted, maybe that's because one of the other people in my Poli Sci grad program is from Florida and I've just attuned myself to what he's said about it already.
OAM

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:19:33 PM »

That map will certainly come in very handy.

I'm not so sure about merging the two Carolinas.  They do have some significant differences, both now and historically after all.  If we're making requests, though, did you consider naming the state of Chicago "Cook" instead?  Sometimes when discussing a breakup of IL that's the name I like to go for.
OAM

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »

I'd say Aurora would at least have a shot if you wanted someplace that wasn't crowded (politicians hate traffic, after all Wink )  But eh, not surprising, yet interesting cause I have a vested interest nonetheless Wink  Though personally I'd prefer Lisa Madigan as governor, as while I like Quinn, he does some boneheaded things at alarming regularity...  I'm not in Chicago though so I'll be busy being quashed under Brady's heel no doubt Tongue
OAM

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »

Really, considering Kirk is definitely a Republican I can live with, please let him stay down here.  Please Tongue

We're doomed with Brady anyway though...
OAM

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »

Ah, the tiny tiny type of distinction that political scientists like me would eat up in debate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies