Opinion of jmfcst
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:38:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jmfcst
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of jmfcst  (Read 3332 times)
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »

A true Freedom Fighter by all means.

His love for God, America, and Israel puts him waaaaaaaaaay over the top of FF.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »

lol
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:43:14 PM »

HP
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »

Epitomizes all that is Texan.  No, that isn't a compliment.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »

Epitomizes all that is Texan.  No, that isn't a compliment.

Is this him?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 11:18:12 PM »

IIRC he doesn't so much love Israel as desire that it be destroyed so that the rapture can begin. Kind of different.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »

IIRC he doesn't so much love Israel as desire that it be destroyed so that the rapture can begin. Kind of different.

So start that Third Temple yo.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »

Nah, needs more Bible.  Plus I doubt jmfcst would even know who that is.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »

Seems the guy tried to change himself into a living Bible. Other than that, which is something, and which can lead him to be annoying, doesn't seem to be a bad guy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »

His obsession with Palin was scary......and I generally don't agree with him.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 09:47:15 AM »

His obsession with Palin was scary......and I generally don't agree with him.

but I dumped her

anyways...nice to see I am getting more popular  Wink
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »

FF. It takes some panache to both be a strict Biblical literalist and believe that the book of Revelation is about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but I think our man can pull it off.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »

believe that the book of Revelation is about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

just for the record, this is obviously not correct. 

I have simply stated the Iranian leadership give every indiciation that they are religiously driven to destroy Israel.  The bible, but not the book of Revelation, says that Iran and Russia will lead an alliance to attack Israel during the end times, but no timetable is given for such a war - it could be a long way off, even hundreds of years.  It is simply the pace of events, not any doctrine that I hold, that leads me to lean toward it being within the next 20 years.

But, aside from any biblical interpretation, Iran should be taken very seriously
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 11:06:35 AM »

A true Freedom Fighter by all means.

His love for God, America, and Israel puts him waaaaaaaaaay over the top of FF.

I don't love God, so I'm HP
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »

I never thought he was obsessed with Palin.  He thought (as I do) she was attractive.  And he was first to say she would be selected...when a lot of us were pooh-pooing the idea.  So props for that. Additional respect for his integrity in recognizing she was a dumb when it became quite clear to anyone with an open mind.

He has a remarkably good read on football, even though I don't share his love of the Cowboys.

Knows more than I ever will about the stock market and investments. Seems to have a pretty good economic head on his shoulders.

Devoted family man and Christian. Part of a church that does some really impressive things to help people in need.

He rarely resorts (if ever...I can't think of a time) to insults and name calling in debate, which I consider very classy.

All that lands in the FF category.

The rest?  Well, HP is too harsh.  But he's nearly impossible to have a good faith dialogue with about anything Biblical. I don't think this comes from any deep-seated nastiness or hate.  It's just a "this is how I read it... how I read it is right...and how you read it is wrong" mentality. In that very "no shades of gray" sense, he is the BRTD of the fundamentalist Chrisitan right.

So a vote is really impossible for me.  Though if the Cowboys end up in the Super Bowl against the Steelers, HP will be quite doable!  Har!

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

FF. He adds another perspective for us that we would otherwise not have, and he does so with knowledge and civility. jmfcst gets a bum rap here, and it's too bad.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »

The rest?  Well, HP is too harsh.  But he's nearly impossible to have a good faith dialogue with about anything Biblical. I don't think this comes from any deep-seated nastiness or hate.  It's just a "this is how I read it... how I read it is right...and how you read it is wrong" mentality. In that very "no shades of gray" sense, he is the BRTD of the fundamentalist Chrisitan right.

To say that our disagreements are based on me being unable to accept another opinion is really a red herring that I think is obvious to all that read our disagreements.  In fact, you and I agree on many biblical issues, JSJ.  And, on those issues of agreement, you and I can walk through the scriptures with the same approach.  I say again: when you and I share the same approach, we are pretty much in agreement.

But, when you, by your own choice, do not follow that same approach, it has lead to us disagreeing on certain hard-hitting issues such as: the necessity of faith in Jesus Christ, the necessity of repentance, and homosexuality.

So, basically, when you and I walk through scripture and allow the chips to fall where they may, we agree.  When you “refuse to accept” the way the chips fall, we disagree.  It’s a matter of the difference in consistency of our individual approach

Even most of the non-believers on this forum agree with my interpretation on these issues.  And, historically, my interpretations on these 3 matters are shared by many more Christians throughout history.  Yet you keep attempting to portray our disputes as if I am up in a tree by myself and that I am stubbornly unwilling to climb down.

I admit to being hardheaded, but that doesn’t mean that my hardheadedness is necessarily the cause of our differences, rather I think it is a lack of consistency on your behalf due to certain scriptural positions being too harsh for you to swallow…and I think the majority of unbelievers on this forum would agree with my portrayal of our dispute.

Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »

Theocratic fascist who should have kept his promise to stay gone.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

Theocratic fascist who should have kept his promise to stay gone.

I promised to stay gone?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »

Too religious for my taste.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »

So, basically, when you and I walk through scripture and allow the chips to fall where they may, we agree.  When you “refuse to accept” the way the chips fall, we disagree.  It’s a matter of the difference in consistency of our individual approach

You don't change. In short you say here "sorry guy, you're nice, but The Truth, it's me who got it, too bad for you". Every human being who doesn't acknowledge that what he says could be wrong, even if he is strongly convinced, he could say "ultimately, I could be wrong, I'm just a human being", especially when it comes to something as deep as religion, is disqualifying himself to my eyes.

As far as I know you're just a human being, right?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »

Cowboys fan?

HP. Tongue
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 03:18:12 PM »

The rest?  Well, HP is too harsh.  But he's nearly impossible to have a good faith dialogue with about anything Biblical. I don't think this comes from any deep-seated nastiness or hate.  It's just a "this is how I read it... how I read it is right...and how you read it is wrong" mentality. In that very "no shades of gray" sense, he is the BRTD of the fundamentalist Chrisitan right.

To say that our disagreements are based on me being unable to accept another opinion is really a red herring that I think is obvious to all that read our disagreements.  In fact, you and I agree on many biblical issues, JSJ.  And, on those issues of agreement, you and I can walk through the scriptures with the same approach.  I say again: when you and I share the same approach, we are pretty much in agreement.

But, when you, by your own choice, do not follow that same approach, it has lead to us disagreeing on certain hard-hitting issues such as: the necessity of faith in Jesus Christ, the necessity of repentance, and homosexuality.

Even most of the non-believers on this forum agree with my interpretation on these issues.  And, historically, my interpretations on these 3 matters are shared by many more Christians throughout history.  Yet you keep attempting to portray our disputes as if I am up in a tree by myself and that I am stubbornly unwilling to climb down.

I admit to being hardheaded, but that doesn’t mean that my hardheadedness is necessarily the cause of our differences, rather I think it is a lack of consistency on your behalf due to certain scriptural positions being too harsh for you to swallow…and I think the majority of unbelievers on this forum would agree with my portrayal of our dispute.

I disagree with you a hundred percent.  But now we are disagreeing about the nature of our disagreement...which only proves dialogue around issues of soteriology, sexuality and Biblical inerrancy are impossible.  Perhaps I am part of the problem, too...I don't know.  While I see a lot of common ground in some areas, perhaps we are both just too enamored of our own interpretations of Scripture.

But -- and I mean this -- I really do consider you an exemplar in many areas, not least being personal devotion.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:19 PM »

a little weird but massive FF
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »

FF. He adds another perspective for us that we would otherwise not have, and he does so with knowledge and civility. jmfcst gets a bum rap here, and it's too bad.

No, he's just a hate monger and a bigot.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies