What are you allergic to? What common irritants don't bother you? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are you allergic to? What common irritants don't bother you? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are you allergic to? What common irritants don't bother you?  (Read 2070 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: September 15, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »

I am allergic to dog fur and cat saliva... though I've been around cats and dogs for most of my life now so the allergies have calmed down.

I am not at all allergic to bees.  I've been stung 10-15 times at once before and they were nothing but mosquito bite-sized welts that stopped itching after several hours and were gone within a day or two.

I also don't get poison ivy very bad.  I once walked through a dense patch of it while we were stealing some rocks by some railroad tracks to put around our fire pit... my friend had a major rash running up both legs... I got like two tiny blisters that I disinfected and bandaged and everything was fine.

How about YOU?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »

Poison Ivy (Possibly Poison Oak, Sumac).  Accidentally rubbed my eye, and needed steroids for a good week to keep my eye from swelling shut.

You could be allergic to the other two, but the chances of you coming across either of them is slim... especially poison sumac.  That stuff really only goes in bogs and marshes that humans don't tend to just trudge through.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »

Cats, ragweed (which has transplanted itself to if I eat cantaloupe, watermelon, and banana now, as apparently there are some proteins that resemble ragweed on those; nice job, immune system, you just defeated my favorite food when I was in elementary and middle school, cantaloupe Tongue), probably some sort of unknown indoor allergy as if I don't take allergy medication year round my nose tends to be a bit confused, mosquito bites (though not at all to the extent that people are allergic to bee stings; it's just that I can terrify people with the extremity of mosquito bites if I make any sort of physical contact with the bite location after I'm bitten).

I once had someone tell me it would make sense that I'd have a lot of allergies.  I wasn't at all sure how to take that comment.

I'm not surprised that you have a lot either.. and I'm not sure why.  You're probably too clean... your immune system doesn't have enough to fight off so it just starts picking things at random.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

Nothing. That allergy test thingee with a bunch of receptors on your arm that I took in Bavaria returned nothing.

Yeah, I did that test too.  I am also allergic to smoke, apparently.. despite having grown up with fireplaces in the house that we used a lot.. and having campfires like every night all summer long...

The doctor told us to get rid of our dogs and cats and rip out the fireplace... needless to say, that didn't happen.  I almost never get allergies unless its a combination of several things (like a smoky room filled with cats and dogs).  Believe it or not, allergies can go away as you age.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »

Certain washing powders and new rags ( untill they have been washed a few times.. it must be the die)

As my first boss told me on the job "a rag is something a woman has.  Those are wash towels."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies