Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:17:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist  (Read 2721 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »

Soon, everyone who accuses Obama of anything is a racist.

When will we just move on?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »

Meanwhile, Drudge is posting and Limbaugh is vectoring stories to the CARLHAYDENS of America that in Obama's Presidency, black kids will gang up on and beat up white kids with impunity. 

I don't think that's their intention.  What they're trying to do is point out the double-standard employed by the MSM with regard to black-on-white violence.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 08:15:32 PM »

Meanwhile, Drudge is posting and Limbaugh is vectoring stories to the CARLHAYDENS of America that in Obama's Presidency, black kids will gang up on and beat up white kids with impunity. 

I don't think that's their intention.  What they're trying to do is point out the double-standard employed by the MSM with regard to black-on-white violence.

I can't read what's in their hearts when they do what they do, I can only look at Limbaugh's words.

"It's Obama's America, is it not?  Obama's America, white kids getting beat up on school buses now.  You put your kids on a school bus, you expect safety but in Obama's America the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, "Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on," and, of course, everybody says the white kid deserved it, he was born a racist, he's white."

Limbaugh telling scared white people that because Obama is President, black kids are going to beat up their kids or grandkids and then the kids will be blamed for it.

Does anyone else remember Phil's original reaction to the Ashley Todd story when he broke? How much he couldn't wait for his grandma and her friends to hear about it and how they'd react?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »

Johnson and Carter are totally off-base.

Wilson would've been every bit as boorish a jackass who desperately needs a cup of STFU juice even if Obama was white.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 11:38:48 PM »

I do not think Wilson's comments were racially motivated and I think those who say it was are incorrect and perhaps even take away from the deserved criticism Wilson should get for those remarks.  With that being said with Wilson's background I can understand why someone might feel his comments were racially motivated.

If this was another white Republican that made the remarks, who didn't make the comments Wilson made about Thurmond's daughter, that didn't fight hard to keep the confederate flag on states grounds, that isn't involved in various confederate organizations, some of which have had a racial undercurrent (SCV) I doubt the racial motivation claims would have been made.  I don't agree with the claims, but based of Wilson's questionable background regarding race I understand why some may feel it was part of the reason.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »

The only thing racist about Wilson's remark is that he addressed it to a mixed race individual.  And if that is the case, then I'm racist just for walking out the front door and saying high to my neighbors.

On the flip side, I'm glad to see that Hank has exposed himself as being a racist.  I wish more would self-identify themselves as he did, so we can ignore any future comment they make.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »

Hank Johnson represents Cynthia McKinney's district.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »

The only thing racist about Wilson's remark is that he addressed it to a mixed race individual.  And if that is the case, then I'm racist just for walking out the front door and saying high to my neighbors.

On the flip side, I'm glad to see that Hank has exposed himself as being a racist.  I wish more would self-identify themselves as he did, so we can ignore any future comment they make.

Welcome back.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies