Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:48:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist  (Read 2727 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: September 16, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »

Hank Johnson seems to be bucking for Cynthia McKinney's mantle. What a shame.

There was plenty about Wilson's remark that was, ironically, untruthful.  And rude.  And just plain ignorant.  But racist?  Baloney.

Johnson has tried to backtrack and say he meant that the remark only served to fuel future racist rants.  But sorry, Hank...there is no sound logic behind that at all.

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »

It's pretty amazing that even I see the racist accusations as ludicrous.  I tend to be extremely sensitive to racism, code-words, etc.  I tend to believe there are lots of racist practices still at work in our society and culture.

But I am failing to see anything remotely racist about what Wilson said.  Wilson is an asshole.  Not a Klansman or a CCC keynote speaker.

By the way, Eleanor Holmes Norton has been awfully astute about this.  She told NPR it was time to get over it.  She said if we continue to blast the guy, he becomes a martyr of the extreme right...and a rallying point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies