Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hank Johnson says Joe Wilson's comment is racist  (Read 2740 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: September 17, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »

Really?  "You lie" is a racist remark?

No, it's all about the context of Joe Wilson's career, his past attacks on Strom Thurmond's daughter, his advocacy on racially polarizing issues, and the fact that several politicians of his age and background (including Lynn Westmoreland, who called Obama "uppity," and Saxby Chambliss, who warned Obama to show "humility" before him at his upcoming address) and many, many protesters have a strange problem not insisting the President show deference and respect to them befitting their 1950s upbringing.

If you don't see it, then there's nothing to discuss. But you do have to look at the big picture.

Of course Brittain will urge that all criticism of Obama (at least from the right) is "racist." 

No need to think, examine the facts.  Just do a little childish name-calling (the latin term is ad hominen attack).

Sorry Brittain, but you race card has been declined. 
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »

The only thing racist about Wilson's remark is that he addressed it to a mixed race individual.  And if that is the case, then I'm racist just for walking out the front door and saying high to my neighbors.

On the flip side, I'm glad to see that Hank has exposed himself as being a racist.  I wish more would self-identify themselves as he did, so we can ignore any future comment they make.

Welcome back.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies