Past French prez elections today: President Jean-Christophe LAGARDE, 1965-1969
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Past French prez elections today: President Jean-Christophe LAGARDE, 1965-1969
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Past French prez elections today: President Jean-Christophe LAGARDE, 1965-1969  (Read 5112 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »

And yeah!

Lagarde for president!!

actually...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 09:04:50 AM »

Ok, I think I already made my point I just engaged a criticism here, just a dialog, if you can't get that, or don't want to get that, then I can do nothing for it. I explained my point that I don't bitch in all threads to which I would have criticisms, and it's a matter of fact, I don't, now, if you think that's wrong you will have to come with some inventions to prove it, I just posted in one of your timeline to say that i was incompatible with, and, period.

I merely stated my opinion on posting your opinions on every timeline. I see it as annoying. Note the word "I".

I never said that you couldn't do it, nor did I say that you were being a jerk in every thread, or that you were a blind hack.

Please, do me a favour, we now know that you don't necessarily like althists so please stop posting in althists threads to say that. No, it's nothing personal, I like you (but you probably don't) and I'm not writing this to be a troll/jerk/asshole. Meh. Point final.

It gets off topic, something which I'm encouraging in this very thread. However, if you have comments on the actual stuff or wish to partake in it, please do so!

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 09:10:32 AM »

The campaign for the 2nd round has been disturbed by other debates, but the vote is now open.

The first numbers are in favour of the young Lagarde (2x2 votes), but many precincts haven't reported or are even keeping on voting. And those precincts may not be pro-Lagarde.

Stay tuned !
(And cast your 2 votes Wink)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »

2 for chiens battus.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »

Ok, I think I already made my point I just engaged a criticism here, just a dialog, if you can't get that, or don't want to get that, then I can do nothing for it. I explained my point that I don't bitch in all threads to which I would have criticisms, and it's a matter of fact, I don't, now, if you think that's wrong you will have to come with some inventions to prove it, I just posted in one of your timeline to say that i was incompatible with, and, period.

I merely stated my opinion on posting your opinions on every timeline. I see it as annoying. Note the word "I".

I never said that you couldn't do it, nor did I say that you were being a jerk in every thread, or that you were a blind hack.

Please, do me a favour, we now know that you don't necessarily like althists so please stop posting in althists threads to say that. No, it's nothing personal, I like you (but you probably don't) and I'm not writing this to be a troll/jerk/asshole. Meh. Point final.

It gets off topic, something which I'm encouraging in this very thread. However, if you have comments on the actual stuff or wish to partake in it, please do so!

Well once again, I think I never did some knee-jerking bitching about that.

Once in one thread, a long time ago, about "what would you have done if you lived at that time", I said what i thought of such stuffs, and never came back on it. I opened a thread dedicated to the debate and period. Then, enough time latter, i came in one of your timeline about French presidentials to say that I was incompatible with these things. Period. Never wrote in a timeline again, or at least about that. Time later I've been led to go on it through regionalism, then as the debate didn't take place there, it took plce by De Gaulle. Period. Lately, I made a small hack in the "things...actually wrong" thread, but if we can't do such kind of hacks here (and i said it was one when i wrote it), then, let's just do a list on things we disagree with, and let's focus on political games. The same day I opened the thread on Warsaw which is still an other aspect of this debate. Period.

Within the 2 years i've been here i may have repeated some arguments here or there, but I really think it wasn't knee-jerk bitching. Once I clearly state on something I really don't feel the need to bitch all the time about that, that's why i don't. Though I'll allow myself to repeat something one time i'll want it, but I think i really don't abuse about that. It's just that all what concerns the fact to touch to the past is something important in the way I think, so i can be led to regularly come back on this, and this by several aspects of a debate, when my spontaneity feel the need about it. And when i do it, i'm not hacking, i'm engaging in debates, trying to come with arguments. And when i'm hacking that's for joke. That are some smileys.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Don't make East coast rebuplican here, the guy who think that people disagree with him because they don't like him, you're better than that. I think you're a very correct guy, smart, with strong knowledges for his age (maybe a bit too much a political nerd, but well, you seem to be aware about it, so that's fine). A bit too much passioned and maybe attracted by the past but this is only a personal appreciation from me, from my point of view, not a judgment. Well, to be full, I also find you a bit too easily excessive and upset, but other than that, I don't have the slightest problem with you! Smiley Actually. And anyways, I appreciate people for what they are, for their behavior, their attitude, not for what they think.

So, well, back to this topic, Fabien opened a new concept, i gave my impress about it, i've been glad of the few words i've exchanged with him about it, which also permit myself to be more precise about my issue with alternative past timelines, which I didn't precisely do, and that's fine, period, i really think you made a cake from a crumb here.

Well, outside of this, I'm also aware this is a game, and if I'm too much tied to a a way of thinking to participate to it, I've also always finished my messages by some Wink. To show I took it light.

So may you enjoy yourselves with this totally irrelevant game!!

Grin

(yes, I like provocation a bit)

Wink

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 10:41:18 AM »

OK, guys, that's clear for everyone now Smiley. Thanks.

So,

The campaign for the 2nd round has been disturbed by other debates, but the vote is now open.

The first numbers are in favour of the young Lagarde (2x2 votes), but many precincts haven't reported or are even keeping on voting. And those precincts may not be pro-Lagarde.

Stay tuned !
(And cast your 2 votes Wink)

Please,
Antonio, PGSable, Kalwejt, Xahar and others, you may cast 2 votes (2-0 or 1-1) in this second round between
Jean-Christophe Lagarde (NC, deputy-mayor of Drancy) and José Bové (div.écol., MEP for south-west)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 04:30:36 AM »

Part One:
FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION "à la 1965"
Official results of the first round

5 voters
José Bové 9 votes (30.0%)
Jean-Christophe Lagarde 7 votes (23.3%)

Laurent Fabius 6 votes (20.0%)
Alain Juppé 5 votes (16.7%)
François Goulard 3 votes (10.0%)
Bruno Gollnisch 0 vote (0.0%)

A surprising second round between a centrist rising star and a rebellious former peasant close to the far-left.

Official results of the second round

3 voters
Jean-Christophe Lagarde 4 votes (66.7%)
José Bové 2 votes (33.3%)

In a very low turnout, Jean-Christophe Lagarde becomes the first French president elected in a universal suffrage election.

Vive la République ! Vive la France !
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2009, 03:21:35 AM by big bad fab »

I should have said that, in 1969, a referendum occurred on the bill agreeing on the treaty allowing the UK, Ireland, Norway, Denmark and... Turkey inside the EEC.

This referendum was heavily lost by the President (No: 59.7%, Yes: 40.3%).
The President personally intervened during the campaign and obliged his governement and his majority to campaign for the yes" vote", whereas many dissented and reminded him that, during the 1965 campaign, he agreed on the UK but not on Turkey inside the EEC.

President Jean-Christophe Lagarde resigned and Gérard LARCHER, Senate's president, was put in charge as interim President.

For the new polls, François Fillon, Prime Minister until 1968, was picked as the candidate of the mainstream right, opposed to Turkey's entry inside the EEC.

On the left, the nomination of Peillon, favorable to an alliance with the centre, prompted the dissident candidacy of the left of the PS, Benoît Hamon.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »

I should have said that, in 1969, a referendum occurred on the bill agreeing on the treaty allowing the UK, Ireland, Norway, Denmark and... Turkey inside the EEC.

This referendum was heavily lost by the President (No: 59.7%, Yes: 40.3%).
The President personally intervened during the campaign and obliged his governement and his majority to campaign for the yes" vote", whereas many dissented and reminded him that, during the 1965 campaign, he agreed on the UK but not on Turkey inside the EEC.

President Jean-Christophe Lagarde resigned and Gérard LARCHER, Senate's president, was put in charge as interim President.

For the new polls, François Fillon, Prime Minister until 1968, was picked as the candidate of the mainstream right, opposed to Turkey's entry inside the EEC.

On the left, the nomination of Peillon, favorable to an alliance with the centre, prompted the dissident candidacy of the left of the PS, Benoît Hamon.

Larcher instaed of Lagarde, oh fuck...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies