Who are the Republicans who won't vote for Bush? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:35:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Who are the Republicans who won't vote for Bush? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the Republicans who won't vote for Bush?  (Read 15809 times)
kfseattle
Rookie

« on: October 22, 2004, 04:16:57 PM »

It's been a long time since I've posted in this forum, but I always use this site to look up election info, and thought I could share something here.
I spent the last three months canvassing 5 days a week neighborhoods in and around Seattle, Washington for the DNC.  I talked to thousands of people about politics: democrats, republicans, undecideds.
Every day, I would meet a republican or two who told me that they weren't supporting Bush this year...sometimes they'd say they were supporting Kerry.
These republicans tended to have the following characteristics: 
1.  They were middle-aged
2. They tended to be upper middle class
3. Their biggest concerns were the erosion of America's image around the world and the administration's lack of fiscal discipline.

Younger republicans, esp. those with young children, seemed very supportive of Bush.   Older, very wealthy republicans were the same way.  (my judge of wealth was simply their home and automobiles).  But the middle aged group, perhaps those without kids or with grown up kids, seemed more likely to be critical. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies