Are You Currently Employed?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:34:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are You Currently Employed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Are you currently employed?
Yes

No

Still in school

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Are You Currently Employed?  (Read 1786 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »

For a number of reasons, but most importantly for disrespecting my accounts manager (whom I heartily dislike).

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

For a number of reasons, but most importantly for disrespecting my accounts manager (whom I heartily dislike).

One of the sad things in corporate America.  You have to suck in a lot.  If you don't like it, polish your resume and (hopefully) leave.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:06 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2009, 10:29:43 PM by Nine-Fingered Frodo »

One of the sad things in corporate America.  You have to suck in a lot.  If you don't like it, polish your resume and (hopefully) leave.

My job is actually unionized, but all the same I fully intend to leave. 

I have been giving this some thought.  When I come back next Monday, I will act as if I have been chastened (apologizing, and acting like I really want to keep my current job), and try to rectify everything for which I have been accused -but only for so long as it takes to find another job in the meantime.  When I am certain beyond all doubt that my new job is in the bag, then I will quit -but not without some drama... 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »

I haven't NOT had a job since the first week of Feb '93.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »

My job is actually unionized, but all the same I fully intend to leave. 

I have been giving this some thought.  When I come back next Monday, I will act as if I have been chastened (apologizing, and acting like I really want to keep my current job), and try to rectify everything for which I have been accused -but only for so long as it takes to find another job in the meantime.  When I am certain beyond all doubt that my new job is in the bag, then I will quit -but not without some drama... 

Well, at least you can do that.  In one situation I had, this hyper-obnoxious/sensitive older Italian woman who was a marketing coordinator (did sh**t) claimed I told her no when she asked me to help her on something when all I said was I had some work and to tell me the exact time she wanted to leave.  She, instead of being rational, blew a fuse over nothing, got to the managing partner and I had to explain myself to HR late on a Friday afternoon.  Basically I was told she won't lie, she's right, I was wrong without giving my side of the story.  I had my resume updated Friday night ready for recruiters.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies