Cheney Daughter Remark (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:33:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Cheney Daughter Remark (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheney Daughter Remark  (Read 33847 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 16, 2004, 12:35:15 AM »

Kerry's remark is perfectly reasonable.  What is shameful is Cheney's betrayal of his own family member by supporting a bigoted party with a gay-hating religious agenda.

However I suppose that this agenda is fairly popular in most swing states, so the remark doesn't help Kerry.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:44:27 AM »

Drudge is really pushing the Cheney daughter remark issue.  I see it on a bunch of blogs, and now there is an AP story about it.  Is this "angry mom" story really going to have any legs?  If it does have legs, will it have any impact? I can't imagine it, though stranger things have happened.

What's she angry about?

She's ashamed of her daughter, and angry someone brought her up.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

I guess the GOP just wants homosexuals to be invisible as real people and just be a pinata political symbol.

Precisely!  They're quite useful.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 03:34:31 PM »

Homosexuality is a disorder obviously. If its a mild form of retardation or due to rape or whatever I don't know but I do know thats it's an illness.

A bit of an over reaction.  I think the differences between hetero, homo, and bi sexual are exaggerated.  Its mostly social taboo.  As the Thais like to say 'a hole is a hole'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 03:56:24 PM »

She could have a form of mental illness. Brambilla has discussed this in the past. 

Brambilla's obsession with Gay Sex is pretty suspicious. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:50:07 PM »

If Mary Cheney was honest about answering the question...

Which statement is closer to the truth?

1. Being lesbian is who you are.
2. Being lesbtian is a mental illness.

Answer the question. Which statement is closer to the truth?

She would say 1. I would say 2. Obviously.

It isn't obvious, you just don't like it.  Some of use would say prefering a rural life is obviously a mental illness. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 02:34:54 PM »

If Mary Cheney was honest about answering the question...

Which statement is closer to the truth?

1. Being lesbian is who you are.
2. Being lesbtian is a mental illness.

Answer the question. Which statement is closer to the truth?

She would say 1. I would say 2. Obviously.

It isn't obvious, you just don't like it.  Some of use would say prefering a rural life is obviously a mental illness. Smiley

Opebo, the question isn't if someone is gay, but what "causes" sexual preference.  We don't know.

The problem with Kerry's answer is that he not only claimed to know, but that he drug Ms. Cheney into it.

What causes sexual preference is of no interest to me, but what causes intolerance of another's sexual preference does interest me.  It seems to mainly stem from sick religion and a sick culture.  I'm all for Kerry pointing out Cheney's mistreatment of his family.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 02:48:58 PM »

Yes, it does require that marriage only be between a man and a woman. Almost everyone supports that.

Individual rights are meaningless if those rights are at the whim of the majority.  Saying 'everyone supports that' is not a good argument - of course the majority often supports horrors.  The vast majority of Germans supported gassing the Jews, or perhaps more to the point, the vast majority of Americans used to support banning interracial marriage.  For that matter a lot probably still do!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 04:43:44 AM »

Geez! Are you all still talking about this?Huh

36000 dies from the flu last year! Terrrorists are taking Iraq. Corporations are getting tax breaks that could be ours! Babies are "being murdered"! Pat Robertson is in the early stages of alzheimers! People are making bets on the election based on 7-11 coffee!

Get some perspective!

TCash101, the intellectual honesty of one of the candidates, and his willingness to pander, is a key issue.

At least one of the candidates can claim to have an intellectual anything.

Kerry is an educated idiot, plain and simple.

The classic claim of the rube.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies