Cheney Daughter Remark (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Cheney Daughter Remark (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheney Daughter Remark  (Read 33848 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: October 15, 2004, 02:41:06 AM »

Next Kerry will mention that Barack Obama is black, and everyone will be whining about how he insulted Obama. Yawn.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 07:24:53 PM »

Will this topic die? Boring.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 07:39:06 PM »

You're boring too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 12:19:10 AM »

I know exactly where Kerry stands on this, and frankly I disagree with him.  He is clearly against "gay marriage" but for civil unions and everything that could potentially go along with that. 

Bush is against gay marriage.  He's for state's rights with respect to the civil union issue.  He's not stated whether or not he actually supports civil unions, only that it should be up to the states.

He is opposed, however to states' courts determining that gays have a right to marriage. 

That's my understanding anyway.

I certainly couldn't tell where Kerry stands, from his answer.  Kerry's answer to the question asked was an intellectually dishonest non-answer.  He told us what he thinks other people think.  He didn't tell us what he thinks or even if he agreed with them.

You think Bush is opposed to gay marriages, but all evidence, which has been posted, is that he feels that it should be left to the states and that one state should not be forced to recognize another state's marriage.

Kerry's position is clear: He's against gay-marriages, but against a constitutional admendment banning them. He's for leaving it up to the states. He's for civil unions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies