Should zoosexuality be legal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:29:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should zoosexuality be legal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Moo.
Yes.

No.

You scare me.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 160

Author Topic: Should zoosexuality be legal?  (Read 30915 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »

I'm not sure myself. I guess it would be little different from rape if the animal didn't enjoy it, but then again, how do you tell?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »

Ummm... No. But it isn't something I would be particularly bothered about persecuting.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »

what is this i don't even
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »

... this is what the libertarians have to offer.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:02:30 PM »

Yes,

and we are not ashamed of it. If everyone was truly as openminded as us they would welcome the legalization of sexual congress between man and beast.

Also, intercourse is a very natural occurence for animals, they don't really get that much pleasure as we do out of it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 02:06:17 PM »

errrrrr, no.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »

Yes,

and we are not ashamed of it. If everyone was truly as openminded as us they would welcome the legalization of sexual congress between man and beast.

Also, intercourse is a very natural occurence for animals, they don't really get that much pleasure as we do out of it.

Yeah, right...  Roll Eyes
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »

Yes,

How can you guys possibly be against the right of people to have sexual relations with animals? The gift of intimate intercourse is the greatest gift man can give to animal, who shalt experience no passionate love otherwise!

You guys are fascists ONEONEONEELEVENTY1111!!!!!!!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 04:15:10 PM »

Well, I'm not sure if the animal has any rights that the Libertarian is obligated to respect. While one might say the animal owns itself or makes choices, most animals are not self-aware, so the animal's claim to natural rights are only slightly less tenuous than that of a fetus. This is however complicated by those animals who are self-aware, such as the dolphin.

With that much said, animals have little or no capacity to exercise other natural rights. A lion cannot buy or sell property, & a possum cannot exercise its right to freedom of the press by publishing a book in dissent towards the government. If an entity cannot engage in those activities related to natural rights, I am not sure that the prohibition on aggression applies to it, since the prohibition against aggression is an outgrowth of the same basic fact as all other libertarian rights; that is that a person is the sole owner of his or herself.

With that much said, I disagree with making zoophilia a crime, though I would require consent of the animal's owner if said owner happens to be any person other than the one who wishes to engage in zoophiliac relations with the animal.

*Sits back & waits for the controversy to swell*
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 10:05:04 PM »

You do know agreeing with it's legality or illegality is not the same as condoning it, right?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »

By definition, a sexual orientation cannot be criminalized.

However, I would assume that acts of bestiality are covered by animal cruelty laws, and if not, they should be.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »

Of course it could. Look at homosexuality up to the mid twentieth century in the first world.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:52:22 AM »

Of course it could. Look at homosexuality up to the mid twentieth century in the first world.

Though I suspect that in practice, the homosexual acts would be outlawed by such laws rather than the actual state of one being a homosexual.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:14 AM »

Yes,

How can you guys possibly be against the right of people to have sexual relations with animals? The gift of intimate intercourse is the greatest gift man can give to animal, who shalt experience no passionate love otherwise!

You guys are fascists ONEONEONEELEVENTY1111!!!!!!!

What species is the best for that kind of stuff?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 04:18:24 AM »

Though I suspect that in practice, the homosexual acts would be outlawed by such laws rather than the actual state of one being a homosexual.

Does that mean only buggery and sword-swallowing, or does it include subtleties like this:

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:09:38 AM »

Well, I'm not sure if the animal has any rights that the Libertarian is obligated to respect. While one might say the animal owns itself or makes choices, most animals are not self-aware, so the animal's claim to natural rights are only slightly less tenuous than that of a fetus. This is however complicated by those animals who are self-aware, such as the dolphin.

With that much said, animals have little or no capacity to exercise other natural rights. A lion cannot buy or sell property, & a possum cannot exercise its right to freedom of the press by publishing a book in dissent towards the government. If an entity cannot engage in those activities related to natural rights, I am not sure that the prohibition on aggression applies to it, since the prohibition against aggression is an outgrowth of the same basic fact as all other libertarian rights; that is that a person is the sole owner of his or herself.

With that much said, I disagree with making zoophilia a crime, though I would require consent of the animal's owner if said owner happens to be any person other than the one who wishes to engage in zoophiliac relations with the animal.

Couldn't you say the same things about a person with a severe mental handicap?  and who decides which animals are "sefl aware"?

If the living entity can't consent, you can't have sex with it.  Build a device that reads the thoughts of animals, get consent, then I'll let you knock your sox off and get your rocks off.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 07:35:19 AM »

Couldn't you say the same things about a person with a severe mental handicap?  and who decides which animals are "sefl aware"?

I repeat: libertarian/classical liberal political philosophy is grounded in the Lockean paradigm of human rights derived from self-reflective consciousness (your lack of understanding of which is probably why you've always displayed a hilarious incomprehension of your own political philosophy). A mentally handicapped/vegetative person already has no rights, as evinced by the fact that they are remanded over into the possessorship of their next-of-kin.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2009, 10:12:23 AM by Glass Eyes »

No. Consenting adults should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want with each other but if one of your interests in life is forcing yourself upon animals sexually, I do not want you to be a part of the same society as me.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »

One would still be branded legally, so in effect, the state of being homosexual is outlawed by the response.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »

No. Consenting adults should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want with each other but if one of your interests in life is forcing yourself upon animals sexually, I do not want you to be a part of the same society as me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »

It was legal in France from 1791 till 2004.

Well, personally I'd forbid it too I guess.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »

Right.  That's what I was getting at.

'Zoosexuality' to me suggests an orientation, rather than a type of sexual act.  Of course I guess this mostly boils down to semantics Tongue
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »

We can't have sex with little kids, because they cannot consent. The same should be true for animals.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »

We can't have sex with little kids, because they cannot consent. The same should be true for animals.

Actually little kids can give consent, it's just easier to get it from them than adults. That is why we have something called "parents".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »

If the animal is consenting only. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »