Abortion Rights Support Slipping... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion Rights Support Slipping... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abortion Rights Support Slipping...  (Read 4076 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« on: October 02, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

In other words, "Be like me! Be like me! I'll make sure you believe in and behave exactly what and as I do, and I'll use the force of the State to guarantee it!"

Never stop being a pissant authoritarian, Frodo.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

In other words, "Be like me! Be like me! I'll make sure you believe in and behave exactly what and as I do, and I'll use the force of the State to guarantee it!"

Never stop being a pissant authoritarian, Frodo.

Thus spake Einzige.

Yeah. I mean, surely I understand I don't fit into your Union of Soviet Reaganist Republics for a reason - I actually have an opinion that I didn't steal from somewhere else. And that hurts (you), because independent thinking hurts (you). So much more convenient to get all the answers from a Book, or a political party platform.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »

Indeed the legality of abortions is not so much the issue (if illegal it'll happen anyway), but it is made so convenient and available at no cost in many locales. It should never be promoted as "the easy way out of a pregnancy". Adoption centers should be swarming universities, however leftist authorities usually won't let them do that, because they don't want women to feel judged (not like this makes any sense to me).

Granted children raised by single parents are more likely to get involved in crime, however ending abortions does not mean more single parents, nor does it mean that we'll be going back to the orphanage business. With three-plus year waiting lists for adoption, I'm sure the next generation could have many more well-educated professionals raised by financially stable adoptive and loving parents in exchange for not killing them off in the womb when they are vulnerable.

In other words: "Liberty - except for..."

Or: "Your right of self-ownership doesn't exist, but it does for me."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies