Do any Democrats here wish that Obama didnt win in 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:40:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Do any Democrats here wish that Obama didnt win in 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do any Democrats here wish that Obama didnt win in 2008?  (Read 5844 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

Biden probably would have been a better President, HW is right. But obviously Obama is far superior to four more years of Bush (i.e. McCain).

In all honesty, save the stimulus, I can't really see a McCain Presidency being much different from Obama's. He had to leave Iraq because Bush signed that treaty to get out by 2011, and there would be a fight over health care as Democrats would try to push it anyway.

Without the stimulus things would be much, much worse. And any meaningful health care reform wouldn't have passed with a Republican president. Maybe some random tax credits and other useless garbage.

Apparently it doesn't pass with a Democrat president either so don't be a hack, vlad.

Tax credits is the best we are ever going to do on healthcare in the US.  Even getting that would be a pretty good accomplishment. 
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 04:47:02 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2009, 04:49:14 AM by fezzyfestoon »

I still fail to see how Obama has distanced himself from Bush's policies outside of the publicity stunt of closing Guantanamo.  Healthcare is a mess so there goes that one, and everything else is the exact same.  He's even adopted the same foreign policy rhetoric.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »

DS0816
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »

Independent, here.

I voted for Obama. In fact, my color in Election 2008 was not just blue … it was Cobalt Blue.

The Republican Party, especially with Bush, damaged themselves. Most especially W.'s presidency.

Not one GOP received my vote in Election 2008.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies