All about yourself! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:47:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  All about yourself! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All about yourself!  (Read 995107 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: May 23, 2005, 02:11:00 AM »

Race:  White
Religion:  Nominally Methodist, though I'm wary of organized religion.  Maybe lookin' around for a church disconnected w/ politics.
Height: 5'5.5" (actually still growing considerably)
Weight:  103
Birthplace:  NC
Occupation:  Chemistry or Math Major + Secondary Edu. (all my profs. asked me to major in their subjects this semester...so could change)
Person(s) I Most Admire: Mom ("Should've been from the Greatest Generation", Maternal Grandparents ("Greatest Generation"), lots of my HS teachers
Favorite Band:  Lynyrd Skynyrd
Favorite Presidents:  Jefferson, Truman, Carter, LBJ
Favorite Sports Team:  Carolina Tarheels...BABY!!!
Favorite Books:  To Kill A Mockingbird, Grapes of Wrath, Huck Finn, All the Kings Men
Favorite Movie:  A Time To Kill
Favorite Show:  C'mon!  Also watch CSI, King of the Hill, Family Guy, South Park, Hardball
Interests:  Running (10K, 1/2 Marathon...don't think I could run a full-fledged marathon w/o sacraficing my 4.00), Talking to friends on AIM, Boating, Reading, Politics, Math, Science, Baseball, College B-ball, Goin' to the Beach, Charleston, Savannah...the list goes on

tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:35:59 AM »

Update:
Race/Ethnicity:  White; mostly Irish and Greek ancestry
Religion:  Figuring out whether to be Methodist (what I was raised and still enjoy), or try Presbyterian
Born:  Charlotte, NC
Reside:  Charleston, SC
Height:  5'7"
Weight:  108
Fav. President(s):  Truman, Carter, Johnson, FDR--seem more relevant than older Democrats; dislike Clinton; lukewarm on Kennedy
Fav. Sports Teams:  Panthers, TARHEELS, Braves, Packers (sympathy)
Fav. show:  "King of the Hill"
Fav. book:  TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
Fav. movie:  A TIME TO KILL
Music:  Classic Rock, Country (prefer 80's and 90's), 90's Alternative/Grunge
Career Plans:  Campaign manager/advisor/strategist (somewhere in the South)
Interests:  Math/Science, Politics (esp. American and Southern, trends/bhvr.), Reading, Sports, Running, Hanging out with friends/family, "The Simpsons", and "King of the Hill", running (10K), being outdoors, whiskey from Kentucky, good food (salty, contains meat, cheese, onions, peppers, etc.), walking outside with my new iPod to which I succumbed to getting this Christmas, learning/debating/discussing, and girls who are hot (minimal make-up and tanning), fit (un-skinny & strong, unlike me!), smart (unlike me!), interested in politics (even Reps.), religious, and fun...and, of course, Atlas (results & forum)

tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:21:44 PM »

Race/Ethnicity:  White; Scotch-Irish and Greek
Religion:  Methodist Christian
Height:  5'7.5"
Weight:  108lbs.
Place of Birth:  Charlotte, NC
Occupation:  Student, intern, pres. of College Dems. at my school
Person i most admire:  My mother & My maternal grandparents
Band:  Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band or Marshall Tucker Band...tough one
Sports Team:  TAR HEELS (just remember to forget they have a football team!)
Non-political interests:  Being outside, running, hanging out, reading
Book:  What's the Matter With Kansas?, To Kill A Mockingbird, Equality and Partiality
Favorite Movie:  A Time To Kill and Syriana
Show:  Simpsons, Colbert, College B-ball
Song:  "The River," Bruce Springsteen
Color:  Red or Blue...tough decision
Live Alone/With Others:  With others...too much fun living off campus
Married:  Nope...not til there's a 3 in front of my age
Favorite Politicians:  Jimmy Carter, John Edwards, Bobby Kennedy, FDR, Harry Truman, LBJ, Jim Webb, Jon Tester, Sherrod Brown, Ann Richards
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:46:31 AM »

Race/ethnicity: White (Scots-Irish)
Religion: Protestant/Methodist
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120
Where you were born: NC Piedmont
Political figure you most admire: Huey Long or Helen Keller (most definitely no one prominent today or in the past 35-40 years)
Favorite President: Andrew Jackson
Political Orientation: Vehemently opposed to both bankster parties - including "independent" politicians who caucus with said parties (e.g., Sanders); even reluctant toward minor parties - including Greens - who still perpetuate the myth that taxes "pay" for spending. Non-negotiable policies: permanent WPA to guarantee full employment, Medicare for All, federally capitalized state banks, bailout underwater homeowners, dissolve the TBTF banks because "regulating" them is kabuki and a fool's errand (clue stick: regulatory capture), Congress selected by lottery (makes campaign finance reform(TM) moot), and dissolve the Fed/return the power "to coin money and regulate the value thereof" to Congress (per Article I, Section 8, Clause 5). Especially furious for being sucked into the Dem veal pin for so long, as they are able to get away with more egregious upward wealth transfer and imperialism than their Repub "opponents" could ever get away with, meanwhile using identity "politics" are their carte blanche. TL;DR: Big-spending, limited power, public purpose government (why people try to collapse these three dimensions into one "left"-"right" axis is beyond me...)
Favorite Musician(s): George Strait, Eric Church, Josh Turner, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Alabama, Dwight Yoakam, Alan Jackson, Zac Brown Band, Kacey Musgraves, Lee Brice, ... , almost anything country!
Favorite Sports teams: UNC Tar Heels, FL Gators, ATL Braves, STL Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Nola Saints
Favorite Books (non-fiction):
 - Debt: The First 5,000 Years
 - The Trouble with Diversity: How We Learned to Love Identity and Ignore Inequality
 - Seven Deadly Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy
 - Understanding Modern Money: The Key to Full Employment and Price Stability
 - Econned
Favorite Books (fiction):
 - The Grapes of Wrath
 - Animal Farm
Favorite Shows: King of the Hill; Walker, Texas Ranger; 30 Rock; Strangers with Candy; It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Favorite Movies: Syriana, Fargo, Into the Wild
News Source:
 - nakedcapitalism.com
 - wolfstreet.com
 - ZeroHedge (despite the goldbugs, and Paul-bots, good exposure of QE, ZIRP, absolution of bankster crimes, and unemployment)
 - any reporting from Matt Taibbi
Other interests: Economics (modern monetary theory), fitness, sports, mathematics, geography, architecture, music
Favorite person on Atlas: idk
Least Favorite person on Atlas: idk
Favorite color: red
Do you live by yourself: no
Do you have any siblings? yes
Relationship status? open relationship
What year did you join Atlas? 2004
Do you have any nieces, nephews? no
Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex? yes
If you could pick your own nationality, what nationality would you pick? Spanish, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Portuguese, or Cuban
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies