PPT Candidacy Declaration Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPT Candidacy Declaration Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PPT Candidacy Declaration Thread  (Read 3669 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:24 PM »

Sad day in Atlasia, to think I lost a PPT race for being too nasty and partisan and yet no one steps up to challenge the most nasty and partisan person in Atlasia
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »

Sad day in Atlasia, to think I lost a PPT race for being too nasty and partisan and yet no one steps up to challenge the most nasty and partisan person in Atlasia

When it comes to getting work done, I'm not a partisan figure. I'm not trying to make this a political position, and i don't see why you are.

I'm happy to support Marokai for this position. Smiley

Thanks! I must say it's a bit surprising, given you and I have never had any contact. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

When it comes to getting work done, I'm not a partisan figure. I'm not trying to make this a political position, and i don't see why you are.
The PPT, like it or not, is a partisan position as Ebowed and HW showed.  You can use to make procedural moves to fit your agenda.  The idea that it isn't being challenged is exactly the reason I feel the need to get back into the senate.  Its just a bunch of yes-men right now bowing to the JCP agenda
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 03:39:51 PM »

The PPT, like it or not, is a partisan position as Ebowed and HW showed.  You can use to make procedural moves to fit your agenda.  The idea that it isn't being challenged is exactly the reason I feel the need to get back into the senate.  Its just a bunch of yes-men right now bowing to the JCP agenda

I can assure you that getting my bills passed has not been easy and there's alot more that goes on in the PM box in favor of my agenda than you realize.

I have no desire to tilt Senate business in my favor DWTL. As someone once said to you, "Just because you're corrupt doesn't mean everyone else is."
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:23 PM »

Marokai has my full support. I trust him to be non-partisan, fair and clean but also competent and active if he is elected.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »

I support you, Marokai.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:59 PM »

Just going out on a limb here, I am guessing it is exactly that attitude (along with a number of other attitudes you have) that resulted in you not being elected PPT.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 12:53:34 AM »

I think Marokai has the potential to be a fine PPT & should be given the chance (even with the flak he's given me over the months Tongue). Politicizing the office of PPT is a terrible thing to have happen, & seeing as how he hasn't made any indications of wanting to do so, I don't think we should be in the business of doing so.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »

Congratulations Marokai!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies