Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:44:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act  (Read 17885 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »

I call on the Senate to reject Tmth's unfair and insane allocation of the Releif money. Its taking a region based on unfounded rumors and half truths just so he can have something to brag about in his campaign. Does he not realise the economics of the decision. If the DS gets worse it will damage the mideast economy as well as the economies of the Atlasia and the world.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »

I call on the Senate to reject Tmth's unfair and insane allocation of the Releif money. Its taking a region based on unfounded rumors and half truths just so he can have something to brag about in his campaign. Does he not realise the economics of the decision. If the DS gets worse it will damage the mideast economy as well as the economies of the Atlasia and the world.

Huh

Killing Two Birds With One Stone Act
Aye: 4

Roll Eyes
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »

It is unfair to single out one region in this legislation.  I will vote no to this amendment as it is written.  I would support imposing requirements upon the regions for getting the money, but the requirements must apply equally to every region, not just the Southeast.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

We're in complete agreement here, the Northeast doesn't really need much money.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

Damn it. Read the GM numbers, read my post on page 4. I've been over my reasons a million times.

Pray tell, how much do you propose?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

Damn it. Read the GM numbers, read my post on page 4. I've been over my reasons a million times.

MAybe he wants it all. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

I know that the Dirty South badly needs the money. My main concern was the risk the money was burnt, which would have angered every other region that is struggling. And now, with the assurance of their Governor and Lt. Governor, I withdraw my current amendment.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »

It is unfair to single out one region in this legislation.  I will vote no to this amendment as it is written.  I would support imposing requirements upon the regions for getting the money, but the requirements must apply equally to every region, not just the Southeast.

Doesn't section three already deal with that?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »

17 billion for the NE
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »

17 billion for the NE
You're kidding. You region needs less than any other region, by far.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »

17 billion for the NE

I have a feeling we may have to rely on the GM to be an arbiter on what regions require what. I'm happy with whats been floated for the Mideast.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »

17 billion for the NE

No, we don't. We are the only region that has even begun to demonstrate any kind of fiscal responsibility. Why should we be handing money to regions that will just flush all usefulness of it down the toilet?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »

Why couldn't you base the amount to each region on relative population size and relative budget deficit size?

That way each region gets what they need.

I suppose that would be too "complicated".  Bickering about it is so much more productive.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »

One of the reasons I'm holding off on my amendment is that I would appreciate getting a report from the GM, and his estimation on how much money each region should get. He knows the Atlasian economy very well, so what Purple State says will impact my decision.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »

Don't worry fellas, I'm not holding a vote on this bill until we get some official figures from the GM. It's only appropriate we fully understand the situation.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »

I'm quite undecided on the bill, but I believe the following may be prudent...

Amendment
That a section be added as follows:
No funds shall issue to the authorities of the Southeast region unless and until said authorities issue such assurances to the President, as he shall deem necessary and sufficient, such that they undertake not to destroy any monies received under this Act.

This, however, I will let be voted on. (It wasn't accepted as friendly so I'm forcing a vote on this through my power as an individual Senator and as PPT.)

Senators, the following Amendment is now at a vote, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain: (It's been added in proper fashion just for complete understanding and prettiness.)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2009, 08:23:10 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2009, 08:40:25 AM by Sen. Marokai Blue, PPT »

Aye, as the South has shown little to no proper understanding economics and outright hostility (childish hostility, for that matter) towards the federal government's relief efforts in their region. I will not allow our money to be risked in a region that has a large portion of the population clamoring to burn it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »

Aye
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »

Aye
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »

We shouldn't single out a region. Can't we just change part 4 to include all regions? For that reason, and that reason alone, I will have to vote Nay.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »

Nay.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. If they simply choose to burn money yet again then they will suffer the economic consequences as a result. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do and something that the GM can comment upon.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2009, 03:04:38 PM »

Nay.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. If they simply choose to burn money yet again then they will suffer the economic consequences as a result. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do and something that the GM can comment upon.

Them burning money hurts the whole nation. I do believe burning money is illegal in the United States (and I am sure in many other nations) and should be illegal in Atlasia as well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »

Nay.

Them burning money hurts the whole nation. I do believe burning money is illegal in the United States (and I am sure in many other nations) and should be illegal in Atlasia as well.

I'm pretty sure that it is illegal in Atlasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »

Aye

I'm open to reviewing some of the numbers for money to regions based on new numbers and suggestions from the GM based on actual factual information and the like.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2009, 08:21:59 PM »

Alright, well, good to see you all don't mind going at it while I'm on holiday. I will have a report up in the morning on all of this if you can all stay with me for that long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies