Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act  (Read 17918 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »

Now you gone too far. And to beleive that you could be so no-count as to come after my money, I don't come after your money. Think outside the box, make it conditional. If the SE tries to burn the money the Feds can seize it but don't cut my money, you will ruin my plans and ensure that the 16.5 million you do give me does get burned. Your evil, and I will fight your evil amendment all the way, and If I could I would turn you into a fish over this. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »

lol...Cheesy
I'm not thinking for my region, I'm thinking for whats right. The Mideast needs the money worse, and we will be able to put this money to good use. I am unsure whether the DS will be able to do the same.
Just be glad this little pig didn't try and cut all of your money!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »

lol...Cheesy
I'm not thinking for my region, I'm thinking for whats right. The Mideast needs the money worse, and we will be able to put this money to good use. I am unsure whether the DS will be able to do the same.
Just be glad this little pig didn't try and cut all of your money!!!

You might as well have, cause with this limited amount my plans are unworkable and so the rest would be more likely to be burned then the $22 Billion.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »

The Midwest should get more money because this puppy thinks we should.

So, if you don't give us more money, you're ignoring this puppy, and that is just sick.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »

The Midwest should get more money because this puppy thinks we should.

So, if you don't give us more money, you're ignoring this puppy, and that is just sick.

No, not the sorrowful eyes routine, anything but that, anything but that. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

That puppy is actually a Pacifican, don't let the Midwest fool you.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »

I'm quite undecided on the bill, but I believe the following may be prudent...

Amendment
That a section be added as follows:
No funds shall issue to the authorities of the Southeast region unless and until said authorities issue such assurances to the President, as he shall deem necessary and sufficient, such that they undertake not to destroy any monies received under this Act.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2009, 09:48:19 PM »

That puppy is actually a Pacifican, don't let the Midwest fool you.

Stop your jedi mind tricks now!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »

Amendment
No funds shall issue to the authorities of the Southeast region unless and until said authorities issue such assurances to the President, as he shall deem necessary and sufficient, such that they undertake not to destroy any monies received under this Act.

I could support such a thing.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

We're in complete agreement here, the Northeast doesn't really need much money.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

But think of the puppy.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »

Amendment
I support this amendment.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2009, 09:52:49 PM »

But think of the puppy.

The Pacific puppy!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »

But think of the puppy.

The Pacific puppy!

No, because the pacific puppy is still stuck in one of the Pacific's many committees.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »

But think of the puppy.

The Pacific puppy!

No, because the pacific puppy is still stuck in one of the Pacific's many committees.

The Pacific puppy gets care at our single-payer vets, the Midwest puppy died because a family couldn't pay the bill!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »

But think of the puppy.

The Pacific puppy!

The Pacific puppy gets care at our single-payer vets, the Midwest puppy died because a family couldn't pay the bill!

No, because our puppy was saved at the last minute by the capitalistic free-market choice of vet he received when a religious charity payed for his bill!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2009, 10:08:27 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2009, 10:09:59 PM by Lt. Governor PiT »

As Lt. Governor of the Dirty South, I will oppose any measure to destroy any money allotted to our region. I might support an initiative to refund it to the taxpayers, but destroying it is just silly.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »

Anyway, as you can see I have finely honed lobbying skills Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »

As Lt. Governor of the Dirty South, I will oppose any measure to destroy any money allotted to our region. I might support an initiative to refund it to the taxpayers, but destroying it is just silly.

My plan was to take part of it and give out as tax cuts to small Businesses. But my main prorities was to aim it at Education, research, you know just the thing that are in your Platform. Tongue
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2009, 10:15:23 PM »

We could use the initiative process to allow our region's citizens to choose what they want to do with the money, but judging from the response to my latest initiative proposal people seem to think the idea is an affront to common decency.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

We could use the initiative process to allow our region's citizens to choose what they want to do with the money, but judging from the response to my latest initiative proposal people seem to think the idea is an affront to common decency.

Dan you offered an intiative to just reject it entirely and we need that money in one form or another.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »

Now, in all seriousness, I think the amount for my region is fine, though I wish you would give us a few more billion.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

As former Governor of the great region of the Dirty South, I would like to say that there are no plans on burning any of the stimulus money, and I can almost guarantee that we would not vote as a majority to pull such an act. I strongly favor taking the money to use in some constructive form, and I will attempt to use my clout (if I have any left in the DS) to prohibit any burning sideshows.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies