Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:53:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act  (Read 17972 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

The Midwest should get more.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:11:57 PM »

Well, considering the Dirty South will just burn all of the money, why not distribute that money to other regions Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »

Well, considering the Dirty South will just burn all of the money, why not distribute that money to other regions Tongue

Actually I have great plans for the money. I won't let them hippies burn it thats for sure. We want good teachers, new high schools, Financial aid for higher education, investments in technology and research, a chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and partridge in a pear tree. Tongue

Good luck getting the anarchists to accept that Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »

The Midwest should get more money because this puppy thinks we should.

So, if you don't give us more money, you're ignoring this puppy, and that is just sick.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 09:48:19 PM »

That puppy is actually a Pacifican, don't let the Midwest fool you.

Stop your jedi mind tricks now!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

We're in complete agreement here, the Northeast doesn't really need much money.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

But think of the puppy.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »

Since our Senator can't seem to support the Northeast, I urge someone else to help us out. This is appalling. We are having our own problems, and we have proven that we are responsible enough to put the funds to good use.

We are in the best shape economically in the country, we should be getting the least amount of funds. Stop trying to turn everything into partisan attacks.

Yes, we do need more money. We have economic problems of our own and also are the heart of the financial industry.

But think of the puppy.

The Pacific puppy!

No, because the pacific puppy is still stuck in one of the Pacific's many committees.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »

But think of the puppy.

The Pacific puppy!

No, because the pacific puppy is still stuck in one of the Pacific's many committees.

The Pacific puppy gets care at our single-payer vets, the Midwest puppy died because a family couldn't pay the bill!

No, because our puppy was saved at the last minute by the capitalistic free-market choice of vet he received when a religious charity payed for his bill!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »

Anyway, as you can see I have finely honed lobbying skills Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »

Now, in all seriousness, I think the amount for my region is fine, though I wish you would give us a few more billion.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 08:23:26 PM »

I agree the Midwest needs more money. We are crucial to Atlasian commerce, having Denver located in our region, and our farms provide food for thousands of Atlasians.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »

I agree the Midwest needs more money. We are crucial to Atlasian commerce, having Denver located in our region, and our farms provide food for thousands of Atlasians.

If this was a little vague, I was voicing support for Tmth's amendment.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

I agree, taxes need to be raised in the short term. There's no excuse to have this large of a budget gap, and since we're in a recession we can't lower spending, at least not with the current President and Senate.

Higher taxes do have their benefits, they allow the government to lower the deficit, thus strengthening the dollar and keeping more money in the Atlasian economy instead of China's treasury.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »

I agree, taxes need to be raised in the short term. There's no excuse to have this large of a budget gap, and since we're in a recession we can't lower spending, at least not with the current President and Senate.

Higher taxes do have their benefits, they allow the government to lower the deficit, thus strengthening the dollar and keeping more money in the Atlasian economy instead of China's treasury.

Cut spending, create a national bank.

Do you think this Senate or President will do this? Seriously, the stigma against minor tax hikes is silly.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 10:13:05 PM »

Do you think this Senate or President will do this? Seriously, the stigma against minor tax hikes is silly.

I opposed afleitch's tax cut. I don't think we need to change the tax structure at all right now. We need to focus on aiding small businesses, not washed up corporations. This government needs to decide if it's going to support free trade and foreign slave labor and stop propping up uncompetitive companies, or if it is going to adopt pro-business policies that allow growth in our communities and for individuals to have more opportunities.

I think a deficit this large is unreasonable and detrimental to economic growth. I also think that, while I oppose the government spending, now that it is out there, raising taxes is the best option. In fact, I considered a tax hike in my region before I knew we'd get enough money to pay off the deficit.

@ Yank: That is true, I didn't that through. However, I still disagree. A strong dollar is essential to American economic growth, especially considering many of the world's largest corporations are American. I mean seriously, we import Chinese goods and export debt, that is not good. We should raise taxes on some to pay down this deficit. Thus, the economy is based on real money not imaginary money borrowed from China.

Now, higher taxes are essential and the only option considering we have a left-wing President. On the other hand, companies should be encouraged to build things here. So yes, I agree the trade deficit is a problem, but that isn't what I'm debating. I think our taxes are TOO low for the given climate, and I would rather have higher taxes and a balanced budget, or at least lower budget deficit than a 2 Trillion dollar deficit.

See, that $2 trillion that have been spent through deficit spending should not exist. In essence, this means that 4% of our economy this year was government spending money that shouldn't exist. I think this in fact contributes to the trade deficit because instead of us exporting goods and services to China, we are exporting debt, which will only benefit China and hurt us in the long run. This is not sustainable, and creates the illusion of economic growth when in fact it is not solid in anyway.

Anyway, this is not what this bill is about, so I leave you with this LONG response Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »

I opposed afleitch's tax cut. I don't think we need to change the tax structure at all right now. We need to focus on aiding small businesses, not washed up corporations. This government needs to decide if it's going to support free trade and foreign slave labor and stop propping up uncompetitive companies, or if it is going to adopt pro-business policies that allow growth in our communities and for individuals to have more opportunities.

I think a deficit this large is unreasonable and detrimental to economic growth. I also think that, while I oppose the government spending, now that it is out there, raising taxes is the best option. In fact, I considered a tax hike in my region before I knew we'd get enough money to pay off the deficit.

@ Yank: That is true, I didn't that through. However, I still disagree. A strong dollar is essential to American economic growth, especially considering many of the world's largest corporations are American. I mean seriously, we import Chinese goods and export debt, that is not good. We should raise taxes on some to pay down this deficit. Thus, the economy is based on real money not imaginary money borrowed from China.

Now, higher taxes are essential and the only option considering we have a left-wing President. On the other hand, companies should be encouraged to build things here. So yes, I agree the trade deficit is a problem, but that isn't what I'm debating. I think our taxes are TOO low for the given climate, and I would rather have higher taxes and a balanced budget, or at least lower budget deficit than a 2 Trillion dollar deficit.

See, that $2 trillion that have been spent through deficit spending should not exist. In essence, this means that 4% of our economy this year was government spending money that shouldn't exist. I think this in fact contributes to the trade deficit because instead of us exporting goods and services to China, we are exporting debt, which will only benefit China and hurt us in the long run. This is not sustainable, and creates the illusion of economic growth when in fact it is not solid in anyway.

Anyway, this is not what this bill is about, so I leave you with this LONG response Tongue

I don't know what to say. I will only say that the dollar's decline was inevitable by the late 90's. Its a naturally correcting process and the dollar is overvalued. THe dollar declining will solve the Trade gap, increase exports, create growth and allow the world economy to rebalance. The dollar currently is over-valued and nothing will stop it from declining. It is much easier to achieve a budget surplus if you have a trade surplus.

That 4% of borrowed money is necessary to close the output gap(production-consumers willingness to buy). And the falling dollar will help manufacturing recover as exports rise.

I sort of stumbled over my words in that post.

Suffice to say, deficit spending is not something I am fond of. On the issue of trade deficits, why not enact pro-market reforms, and provide financial incentives for businesses to build factories here?

Anyhow, you and I probably agree on 75% of this anyway, so let's save this for later, after all, I'm no Senator, yet Wink
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

Bleh, this is so poorly constructed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies