Top 10 Conspiracy Theories
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Top 10 Conspiracy Theories
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Top 10 Conspiracy Theories  (Read 7956 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 05:40:02 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=53607.msg1128345#msg1128345

Let's not forget this guy.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »

If anyone actually thinks that #10 is a crazy conspiracy theory and totally unfounded and don't even care to listen to the rationale for it being actually true, then you're either incredibly misinformed or simply a moron.

I HATE SUCCESS LOLLROFLLMAO
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

Have you guys seen that online video Zeitgeist? In a nutshell, 9/11 was part of a plan by the Council of Foreign Relations and the Rockefeller family to make people focus on Iraq and Afghanistan so that they could form a "North American Union" with Mexico and Canada, which would then fuse with the EU, African Union, and "soon to be" Asian Union to create a one-world government under the Rockefellers. They would then implant RFID chips in every person with all your money in it so if you rebelled they would turn off your chip.

I kid you not, people believe this stuff.

Nah, you can't pull something like that off... at least not without the backing of the Bilderberg Group. Cheesy
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »

I disagree. If a pharma company found the cure for, say, diabetes, they would slap a patent on it and make a fortune. That would cause a huge stock spike, which benefits the people running the company.

Seriously, you are way overestimating the intelligence of big business Tongue

They not necessarily keep people sick but I several times heard about people who worked in it, and journalist's investigations saying that when they see that the development of a medicine would cost more than it would permit to earn, even if they have found something that would work on the disease, they don't try to develop it. And like this they use to let on the side all the diseases by which not enough people are touched to be profitable.

The worst point would be that they put patents on things that they discover even if they don't use it because being not enough profitable, in case, who knows, in the future, enough people are touched for it to become profitable, this I can't say but if I heard it happened too I wouldn't be surprised...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 04:15:29 PM »

Of course subliminal messages don't work.
Obey Your Thirst!  Sprite!
Everyone knows that.
Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty, my friends.
It's just a con.  Everyone knows that no one would be stupid Winston's tastes good like a cigarette should! enough to buy a product based on subliminal messaging.  Ads should be liminal and direct:

HEAD ON!  APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »

Of course subliminal messages don't work.
Obey Your Thirst!  Sprite!
Everyone knows that.
Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty, my friends.
It's just a con.  Everyone knows that no one would be stupid Winston's tastes good like a cigarette should! enough to buy a product based on subliminal messaging.  Ads should be liminal and direct:

HEAD ON!  APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!

Ya know, I suddenly want to pour beer and soda on my head, then light up a cigarette.  Strange...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 09:17:28 AM »

10.Big Pharma wants to keep you sick
Big Pharma wants to make a profit. How sick or healthy that makes anybody does not enter their considerations to even the slightest degree.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well, it probably better than the traditional type of corporate-produced advertising... billboards, ad breaks on television (the track record of which is bad enough that no established major company would pay for any, if they were wellrun.)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 09:51:18 AM »

If anyone actually thinks that #10 is a crazy conspiracy theory and totally unfounded and don't even care to listen to the rationale for it being actually true, then you're either incredibly misinformed or simply a moron.

Again, you're WAY overestimating the intelligence and organization of management.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 01:58:14 PM »

Again, you're WAY overestimating the intelligence and organization of management.

Exactly.

I would like to listen to your rationale though Marokai.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 01:19:12 AM »

Why are Operation Ajax, Operation Northwoods, Operation Mockingbird, MKULTRA, Gulf of Tonkin incident, USS Liberty incident, Lusitania, Reichstag Fire, and the Great Fire of Rome not on this list? It couldn't have anything to do with those conspiracy theories being verified, could it? Roll Eyes
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 12:36:03 PM »

Why are Operation Ajax, Operation Northwoods, Operation Mockingbird, MKULTRA, Gulf of Tonkin incident, USS Liberty incident, Lusitania, Reichstag Fire, and the Great Fire of Rome not on this list? It couldn't have anything to do with those conspiracy theories being verified, could it? Roll Eyes

Therefore making them not conspiracy "theories".
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »

They would have had to have been a theory at some point in time before they were verified. I would assume that people who believed them to have been false-flags at the time would probably have been dismissed as lunatics too.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »

I love how BRTD never replies when sufficient logic is used.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 12:30:30 PM »

Um... the Reichstag Fire (based on what evidence we have) wasn't the result of any sort of conspiracy. However nice it would be to belief otherwise.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »

Which would assume that the word "theory" would need to be used in the colloquial sense of the word rather than the scientific sense. That aside, it is a plain fact that the term "conspiracy theory" is generally used to refer to things that are blatantly false.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies