Well, since plenty of you already know, I might as well say it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:17:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Well, since plenty of you already know, I might as well say it
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, since plenty of you already know, I might as well say it  (Read 1126 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »
« edited: October 09, 2009, 12:23:30 AM by Contrary Belief »

I'm King (Freedom Fighter at time of deactivation).

Yeah.

I switched to this account because I was becoming disgusted in the increase of new people being labeled trolls by the forum regulars at the time as I found many of the forum regulars to be very trollish by definition, including my own, yet going unnoticed because they were in the "in" group.  The old "Atlas Moderate Hero" effect.  So, I became intermoderate, as a test.  (And, yes, my leaving thread was a parody of other leaving threads.  Although, I thank all for the kind, sincere words given in the thread.  It's always nice to feel loved).

Anyway,  the funny part about this is that my hypothesis was proven very quickly:  After one month of posting similar material as I did before but without my upper echelon forum status, I was placed on mod review from trolling and was sent a PM by my dear friend Peter Bell telling me to just quit posting because no mod would approve my usual posting abortions.

I tried to get my old account back and this one deleted, but by that time, Dave had pretty much decided to take a laissez faire approach to the forum so I couldn't get King reactivated.

I will be using this account from now on as I have been.  And, by precedent, I hereby bow out of Atlasian Fantasy Politics for good as I am no longer electable by violating the people's trust.

Cheers!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »

Ah, I just noticed the Personal Text on your profile.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »

You gave Duke quite a scare.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:48:35 AM »

So, I became intermoderate, as a test.  (And, yes, my leaving thread was a parody of other leaving threads.  Although, I thank all for the kind, sincere words given in the thread.  It's always nice to feel loved).
We do love you.
It's due to your personality, not your ingroupness. Whatever some moderators think about that, I don't care.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
NOOO! Join the LNF!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 08:07:34 AM »

I thought you were fine as the King and Intermoderate.....Interesting story about the mods......I never thought you posted anything remotely close enough to merit mod review.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 08:58:33 AM »

I thought you were fine as the King and Intermoderate.....Interesting story about the mods......I never thought you posted anything remotely close enough to merit mod review.

DWTL said the same thing to me last week when I got put on Mod Review. That the people with stature can get away with almost anything while newer people get sh**t on for the littlest things.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »

Awwwwwww we need more Kings in Atlasia Sad
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »

WTF is up with this troll post I didn't even read it I just hate it when trolls post dumbass topics

ban him please
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 10:30:27 AM »

It was due to the "Xahan" stunt, IIRC.  Declaring yourself to be a sock puppet of a highly controversial member during the effort to ban him was really provocative, though hilarious.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:39:59 AM »

DWTL said the same thing to me last week when I got put on Mod Review. That the people with stature can get away with almost anything while newer people get sh**t on for the littlest things.

I don't agree with you, Yankee, on almost anything...but mod review?  You're a very nice guy and though we've disagreed, you have never been rude or offensive about it.

This is weird. 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »

I don't agree with you, Yankee, on almost anything...but mod review?  You're a very nice guy and though we've disagreed, you have never been rude or offensive about it.

This is weird. 

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=103165.150

It starts here and runs through page 17. Dave claimed he deleted the offensive posts but none of mine are gone that I can remember.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:02:10 AM »

This is weird. 

It starts here and runs through page 17. Dave claimed he deleted the offensive posts but none of mine are gone that I can remember.
Well, you called someone 'upity'. Perhaps there are blacks among us.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »

I always confused you with angry_weasel Sad

I agree though.  I think many of the current moderators need to be replaced as it has become clear that their moderating skills are subpar.  I think the OP makes a very strong point here.

But then again, I get unusually up in arms over completely arbitrary enforcement of the "rules".  "Rules" being mostly "finding an excuse to punish the people you don't like on this site."
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 11:24:06 AM »

This is weird. 

Well, you called someone 'upity'. Perhaps there are blacks among us.

No, he called me a dirty bastard and someone reported it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »

I agree though.  I think many of the current moderators need to be replaced as it has become clear that their moderating skills are subpar.  I think the OP makes a very strong point here.

TRUTH
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »

I'm King (Freedom Fighter at time of deactivation).

Yeah.

I switched to this account because I was becoming disgusted in the increase of new people being labeled trolls by the forum regulars at the time as I found many of the forum regulars to be very trollish by definition, including my own, yet going unnoticed because they were in the "in" group.  The old "Atlas Moderate Hero" effect.  So, I became intermoderate, as a test.  (And, yes, my leaving thread was a parody of other leaving threads.  Although, I thank all for the kind, sincere words given in the thread.  It's always nice to feel loved).

Anyway,  the funny part about this is that my hypothesis was proven very quickly:  After one month of posting similar material as I did before but without my upper echelon forum status, I was placed on mod review from trolling and was sent a PM by my dear friend Peter Bell telling me to just quit posting because no mod would approve my usual posting abortions.

I tried to get my old account back and this one deleted, but by that time, Dave had pretty much decided to take a laissez faire approach to the forum so I couldn't get King reactivated.

I will be using this account from now on as I have been.  And, by precedent, I hereby bow out of Atlasian Fantasy Politics for good as I am no longer electable by violating the people's trust.

Cheers!

A telling statement.

I don't think you should quit fantasy politics though. Devilman and benconstine still participate.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 03:55:15 AM »

This is weird. 

I'm not going to sludge through that thread, but mod review seems to be passed around fairly randomly. Of course, it's not as if there were a big bulletin announcing who currently is on mod review, so I haven't the slightest chance of knowing exactly how common and how unfairly applied it is.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 07:02:46 AM »

The decision to put someone on Mod Review is Dave's and no one elses - Mods can petition (and collect evidence to back up their case) for someone to be banned or placed on Mod Review, but don't actually have the power to do it themselves. Other than petitioning (which is sometimes ignored, actually) the only influence the Mods have over the process is approving (or not) messages posted by people on review. The only way that Mods can tell if someone is on Mod Review is if posts by someone on review need to be approved. The idea that the Mods, as a collective unit, have a massive amount of power is totally untrue.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 09:00:35 AM »

FWIW, I have no recollection of discussing Intermoderate on the moderator board. Nor did I know that account was on mod review.

And like Al says that decision is not up to the moderators anyway.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies