Nixon vs. Reagan landslide
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:27:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Nixon vs. Reagan landslide
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nixon vs. Reagan landslide  (Read 8034 times)
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 04:29:39 AM »

Or if you prefer...

Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 04:33:02 AM »

Cite?
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 04:34:52 AM »

Oh you first.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »

He won 49 states and came within .18% of winning his opponent's home state though he neglected to campaign there. The epitome of bad ass.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 04:39:19 AM »

And I'm simply expressing a personal opinion of mine as regards to Reagan.  Since when did raw opinions need citing, I ask.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 04:40:02 AM »

And I'm simply expressing a personal opinion of mine as regards to Reagan.  Since when did raw opinions need citing, I ask.

Since raw opinions happen to be wrong in such cases.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 04:43:24 AM »

On the contrary.  Opinions are opinions, they're incapable of being right or wrong.  If I happen to think Reagan is an ass (which I do), then I think he's an ass and there's nothing you can do about it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 04:45:20 AM »

On the contrary.  Opinions are opinions, they're incapable of being right or wrong.  If I happen to think Reagan is an ass (which I do), then I think he's an ass and there's nothing you can do about it.

Except I can think that you are less intelligent for having said opinion. Because that opinion is, well, wrong.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 04:53:12 AM »

Except I can think that you are less intelligent for having said opinion. Because that opinion is, well, wrong.

You can most certainly think an opinion is wrong, that's your opinion, but nothing will change the fact that an opinion is neither correct or incorrect, simply an opinion.  I do hope you don't have any problems living with that.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 04:55:13 AM »

You can most certainly think an opinion is wrong, that's your opinion, but nothing will change the fact that an opinion is neither correct or incorrect, simply an opinion.  I do hope you don't have any problems living with that.

I certainly do. You must never have before encountered my ego.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 05:00:08 AM »

From you I would've expected no other response, and I shall now close with the remark that an ego is essentially the product of an inferiority complex, the feeling that you're generally worthless, and anyone with an inferiority complex often goes into denial about it and develops a superiority complex in response, which gives them an ego the size of Alaska- this of course doesn't make them slightest bit less obnoxious though.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 05:01:13 AM »

From you I would've expected no other response, and I shall now close with the remark that an ego is essentially the product of an inferiority complex, the feeling that you're generally worthless, and anyone with an inferiority complex often goes into denial about it and develops a superiority complex in response, which gives them an ego the size of Alaska- this of course doesn't make them slightest bit less obnoxious though.

You continue to be wrong. What a shame.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 05:05:35 AM »

Whereas you continue to be obnoxious, a double shame.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 05:05:55 AM »

Not a shame, for I take much pride in it.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 05:13:58 AM »

I don't doubt it, and just for the heck of it, I'm letting you get the last word in (should you choose to accept the opportunity).
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 05:16:17 AM »

I don't doubt it, and just for the heck of it, I'm letting you get the last word in (should you choose to accept the opportunity).

I always get the last word in. I don't think I've ever operated otherwise.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 06:16:26 AM »

Exactly. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 06:17:05 AM »

Who else came so close to winning every single state?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 06:19:41 AM »

I think that was a general comment about Reagan. Whether and how he won elections doesn't change anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:08 AM »

It makes him a bad ass.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 06:23:01 AM »

He can be both bad, an ass, and a bad ass.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 12:47:26 AM »

Dumb debate is dumb.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: