It's amazing Bush won. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:24:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  It's amazing Bush won. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's amazing Bush won.  (Read 19384 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: October 17, 2004, 08:34:04 PM »

Just think for a moment how close we were to having Al Gore as president on 9/11.

Scary thought

Not really. If you really think about it, he would have done virtually the same things as far as Afghanistan and Al Queda goes, really anyone in charge would have, it would have been impossible for them not to - Iraq would be a different matter.

It's not really amazing that he lost though - he wasn't exactly a great candidate, and because he tried to distance himself from Clinton he kind of lost the whole peace/prosperity/incumbency thing. Really I think either party could have done better.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 08:52:01 PM »

That's just not true.

Immediately after the attack, people on the news were already debating whether Bush was "being rational" about all of this..."does it really make sense to invade another country?"..."not even the mighty Soviet Empire could beat the Afghans!"

Gore would not have invaded.

Are you so sure? You're speculating. I'm speculating too, to be objective about it, but I think the political pressure would have made him have to invade(or the Republican Congress would have declared war anyways and Gore would have had to).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies