Fascinating Article From the BBC on Global Warming
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:15:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fascinating Article From the BBC on Global Warming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fascinating Article From the BBC on Global Warming  (Read 2671 times)
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 12:34:44 AM »

I am not going to believe anyone who says that other people have a carbon footprint that is too big, but who have a 12,000 square foot house and a private jet, like Al Gore.  He is one of the most disgusting hypocrites alive today.

Man-made global warming is equal to race science in nazi Germany, total crap science.  It is designed to bring about control over the population.
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 05:38:18 AM »

i think the problem here is one of definition whether it should be called global warming or what i and others believe that it should be called radical climate change.  It has been warmer this fall then i can ever remember but it was very similar to this last year.  Then in the winter it got so cold that i recall going to a bulls cavs game when the temp. hit -12.  The problem were are facing is more severe weather shifts not particularly warming  or cooling but the combined effect.  If we as people dont see that our actions do have repercussions upon our planet then we are doomed with those consequences.  So we need to stop arguing about whether its warming or not. What is the point anyone can come up with data say this that and the other. We need to look into how we can control our behavior as to not leave as depleted and denigrated earth to those who come after us.  As john mccain said(paraphrase) if we try to fix the problem and it turns out there wasn't one well so be it, if we dont and the look back and wish we could shame on us.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »

It has been warmer this fall then i can ever remember but it was very similar to this last year.  Then in the winter it got so cold that i recall going to a bulls cavs game when the temp. hit -12.

Hint - anecdotal evidence is not scientific.

So we need to stop arguing about whether its warming or not.

So we should just stop all debate and hope we're right about warming, ignoring any consequences that might come about if we turn out to be wrong? I'm sorry, that's just dumb. Yes, we should take actions we find reasonable at the time, but to stop arguing over something that really isn't conclusively proven isn't going to help us in the least.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:44 PM »

I am not going to believe anyone who says that other people have a carbon footprint that is too big, but who have a 12,000 square foot house and a private jet, like Al Gore.  He is one of the most disgusting hypocrites alive today.

Maybe, but technically one can be right about something yet still be a hypocrite.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies