PA: Rasmussen: Toomey leads Specter, Sestak leads Toomey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA: Rasmussen: Toomey leads Specter, Sestak leads Toomey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Rasmussen: Toomey leads Specter, Sestak leads Toomey  (Read 8299 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: October 17, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »

Sestak probably beats Toomey by a couple points; Toomey probably thumps Specter by 5 or more.  I know all you Democrats think Toomey to be a nut, but as someone who actually lived in his district for a handful of years, he comes across a lot better and a lot more electable than you think...

I've lived in PA 15 for a while as well.  I didn't exactly think that was a conservative enclave, but Toomey managed to win tha area for years and that says something.  Union Dems are tired of Specter's sh**t and may revert to Toomey by default or not vote at all.  Sestak OTOH is more electable upstate and out West due to his background.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:57:32 AM »

Sestak or whoever won the Democratic Primary would have laced Toomey if they would have just left him to be the "moderate slayer" in the GOP Primary. As it stands now, the race will be competitive, especially if the national atmosphere is bad for Democrats in '10. Christ, this is a state that managed to elect Crypto-Fascist Santorum a few times before finally tossing him out on his ass. I'm a bit concerned.

Granted, but that was during a time when Republicans were still competitive in suburban Philly.  Now only moderate Republicans are competitive in suburban Philly, conservatives aren't.

BUT Republicans are succeeding in getting union, Bob Casey Democrats.  I know Pat Toomey would have about a 20% chance of winning Bucks County at best, Chester 10%, Montgomery/Delaware about 2%, but Santoomeyites have been successful in Jack Murtha-land if you know what I mean.  That could be dangerous.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:23 AM »

I like how people underestimate Toomey. This election should be fun.

Only with Specter.  He no longer appeals to union Dems and most polls show the going for Toomey and not voting out of protest.  Sestak OTOH has much room to improve.  PA is just not that conservative, BUT if a Dem pisses off a portion of their base, they could have issues.  Specter did with dilly-dallying with EFCA and it will cost him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies