Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 09:04:16 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  General questions about data
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: General questions about data  (Read 1502 times)
Thinks Too Much

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2004, 10:50:17 am »
Ignore

First off, awesome site!

Second, I'm a little unclear about the meaning of the columns D, R and I when I view the data by state. I mean, I know what they stand for, but does that mean the EC votes were split, or what?

Third, regarding Maine and Nebraska, whose EC votes can be split, have they ever done so? Reviewing your data seems to suggest not.

Last, I ask all this because I'm working on a contest to predict the results of the 2004 EC. There's still a lot of work to be done, but if anyone wants to drop by and visit or offer suggestions, and doesn't mind the digital sawdust on the floor, visit http://www.maybeithinktoomuch.com/election/

Advocating a Christian worldview, limited government, free enterprise, individual rights, personal responsibility, intelligent patriotism, and general silliness.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 04:25:14 pm »
Ignore

First off, awesome site!

Second, I'm a little unclear about the meaning of the columns D, R and I when I view the data by state. I mean, I know what they stand for, but does that mean the EC votes were split, or what?

Third, regarding Maine and Nebraska, whose EC votes can be split, have they ever done so? Reviewing your data seems to suggest not.

Last, I ask all this because I'm working on a contest to predict the results of the 2004 EC. There's still a lot of work to be done, but if anyone wants to drop by and visit or offer suggestions, and doesn't mind the digital sawdust on the floor, visit http://www.maybeithinktoomuch.com/election/

NE and ME has never split their EVs no. And it's very, very rare for states to plit EVs, so even I don't know exactly what you're talking about with state level data, I'd say no.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 05:27:17 pm »
Ignore

I registered at that site Smiley

in a mirror, dimly lit
Thinks Too Much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 08:00:57 pm »
Ignore

Keep in mind that we're still writing the code for this and the database will be cleared before voting officially begins.

However, if you have any problems or suggestions, please let me know.

Advocating a Christian worldview, limited government, free enterprise, individual rights, personal responsibility, intelligent patriotism, and general silliness.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 10:06:23 pm »
Ignore

Keep in mind that we're still writing the code for this and the database will be cleared before voting officially begins.

However, if you have any problems or suggestions, please let me know.

You have the old EV totals up there.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout