Future electoral votes? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:12:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Future electoral votes? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future electoral votes?  (Read 20120 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: October 17, 2004, 02:55:46 AM »

I would say 6 or 7
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 09:22:31 AM »

I think New Jersey is poised to gain an EV, perhapes as soon as the 2010 census.

South Carolina is also growing fast enough to gain an EV by 2010.

And, as was mentioned, Utah should also gain an EV in 2010.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 09:07:11 PM »

It's scary to think that CA could hold almost 15% of the votes in the EC in another 30 years...  I would really love to see the state broken up, for the benefit of the residents (I grew up in rural Nor Cal).  Everything is run by SF and LA; there aren't enough votes in the rest of the state to overrule or even balance out their votes.   [ /whining ]

Thank you! This is my argument for only letting landowners vote in one branch of state legislatures.

I doubt that Cali. will gain more than a couple of more EV's.  People are going to keep moving to these ultra-sprawled out super-cities.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 10:55:44 AM »

It's scary to think that CA could hold almost 15% of the votes in the EC in another 30 years...  I would really love to see the state broken up, for the benefit of the residents (I grew up in rural <a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=nor%20cal" onmouseover="window.status='Nor Cal'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Nor Cal</a>).  Everything is run by SF and LA; there aren't enough votes in the rest of the state to overrule or even balance out their votes.   [ /whining ]

Thank you! This is my argument for only letting landowners vote in one branch of state legislatures.

I doubt that Cali. will gain more than a couple of more EV's.  People are going to keep moving to these ultra-sprawled out super-cities.

It is in 30 years, so it's not impossible. Many people will continue moving west, and California remains the most attractive option for a lot of people.

Once again, your map does not take into account possible social changes, technological advances, etc.

These factors are going to make small cities more atractive and the most economicvally innovative states will win out.

Those states are Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington and Georgia.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 03:06:33 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2004, 03:09:20 PM by supersoulty »

hey super, regarding your signature, she's an attractive girl and all, but couldn't you find a more flattering photo?

Probably.  I don't know.  She looks cute in that photo.

P.S.  What I said about her being the best looking is true, but I really just put that in there to piss of all the Jenna fans.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies