Rumours!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:57:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rumours!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: Rumours!  (Read 52998 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »

I've heard from numerous sources that Marokai is spreading vicious rumours about a possible LNF-RPP alliance.

The LNF refuses to united with any of the existing bourgeoisie parties, especially not a party that is currently harbouring the anti-christ, one "DWTL".

Marokai has been messaging numerous members of the party about this, and has left us all confuzzled as to what is going on.

So, what is going on?

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »

Let the bitchfest commence and let the blood spill!
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »

Hamilton is involved without a doubt.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »

Fight!  Fight!  Fight!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »

I am now taking bets. Who dun it?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:29:45 PM »

dun what?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »

Taking bets for that too.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:37:13 PM »

I shall mention most of the details Earl leaves out, and really set the cat among the pigeons:

A shady but tempting deal offer, ostensibly from part of the RPP, to win our second preferences in exchange for giving Dwtl the shaft in the northeast, really exists.

While LNFer reactions vary from "just no" through "not enough" through "they ought to be saying this in public, not behind closed doors" to "fine with me if genuine. How can we be sure of that though?", it seems a consensus not to take the offer was emerging.
But know we also sort of wonder how much Marokai knows and who in the RPP(?) he knows it from.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 12:54:09 PM »

Well, isn't this just cute.

I would hope that this thread wasn't an attempt to bring this to light before someone else did it for you.

If so, I am deeply ashamed of both the LNF and RPP.

If Lewis is telling the truth, then the RPP should be ashamed of themselves.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

What is this party you speak of? The RPP?? There is no such party named RPP that I know of.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »

The Angel Dusters.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »

I would hope that this thread wasn't an attempt to bring this to light before someone else did it for you.
"Someone else" being? Kiss (I'm not convinced Marokai knew all that much, btw.)

Note that "the LNF" means all the LNF. No shady backroom group exists within the LNF - the chair who received it broadcast it to all the other chairs simultaneously. (Every member is a chair, of course. Smiley )
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 01:17:42 PM »

Note that "the LNF" means all the LNF. No shady backroom group exists within the LNF - the chair who received it broadcast it to all the other chairs simultaneously. (Every member is a chair, of course. Smiley )

It's a common tactic.  You know the sh**t is going to hit the fan... so you come out with it just before that to try and save some face.

The original post seemed rife with that tactic.  Your post did not.  Which is why I'm assuming you're telling the truth and that the LNF isn't to blame here.

Of course now that this has been laid out in the open, any LNF member who 2nd prefs the RPP is going to look suspicious.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

I knew this was gonna end up bad.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

True.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 01:34:06 PM »

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

It's a common tactic.  You know the sh**t is going to hit the fan... so you come out with it just before that to try and save some face.
Yes, yes, I know what you meant.
Heck, I'm not beyond the suggestion that Marokai's vague threat helped me make up the last couple of percentage points of my mind. Which sort of leads into a "where do you draw the line" discussion.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Not necessarily... that depends entirely on the fallout til election day.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »

Well, I know there are informants and dirty work being done here.  And threatening exposure is dirty as well.

But I believe it is the proper course of action.  Backroom dealing is disgusting unless you intend to fully disclose it to everyone.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2009, 02:51:27 PM by bgwah »

Someone who asked not to be named forwarded the information to a bunch of people. I find it unlikely the LNF would pursue such an alliance, but I guess I don't know for sure.

Though it would be interesting to know if DWTL saw the PMs in question. Unless he's in on it, I don't think he would like them very much. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »

Well first of all they're hardly vicious rumors now, are they? I was approached last night by someone who shall remain nameless that informed me, in great detail of the desperate deal PiT was trying to make with the LNF.

Such things included throwing DWTL under the bus in the Northeast, defeating Hashemite and supporting Rocky instead, the support of Xahar in the Southeast, second preference support, among many other things. PiT was, according to my source, incredibly desperate and willing to make several offers to get his way.

I was also told Hamilton was involved. When I confronted PiT with this, he confirmed they were working together.

It struck me as odd not only because it reinforces the idea the PiT is someone who will do whatever it takes to win, but it seemed unusual for such a cutthroat deal to be offered to the LNF, a party that purportedly is in the game to realize that it's a game and not take things seriously. The PMs I sent to LNF members were simply to say things like "Remember why you exist." "Remember the message." "It is just a game, afterall." Etc.

How quickly PiT is willing to throw his own party members under the bus, not only in the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast, just for his own gain, is disgusting. And they affect us all, and deserve our united opposition.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »

Let's see here. As is usually the case, I've been cued in with second-hand information from enough different sources now to get a decent picture of what's going on. I'm so far down the Atlasian grapevine it's not even funny. Tongue

It's fun to see some more of Hamilton's scheming, of course. I'm about 95% he's the driving force behind this as well as everything the PCP is doing these days. He's leading much of PiT's campaign, doing all the "zombie" and new member recruiting, leading the massive voter shifts to the Mideast to bolster Tmthforu94, and the voter shift to the Northeast, while also moving enough voters away from the Southeast that he leaves intraparty opponent NCYankee vulnerable. It seems now he's got a plan to ensure the defeat of intraparty rival DWTL (who if you look at the numbers won't win anyway) while also getting PiT into the Presidency! This definitely carries Hamilton's mark. Love it or hate it, the dude's a schemer.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »

I can't believe I'm the only competitive election PiT wasn't willing to compromise on Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

I do not think Yankee i s vulnerable.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »

I would love to know what DWTL thinks about his own party members plotting to backstab him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies