Rumours!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:31:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rumours!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Rumours!  (Read 53058 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

Was there some deleted post about me?

I am happy to come clean about anything I may have said in our discussion. I think it may have been about PiT promising to keep me on as SoFA if he wins. I am obviously going to vote for someone who wants to keep me on a SoFA, it is one of my bigger issues. There was some rumours that had he won the last election, I would've been toast.

Not that I have anything against the ticket (well, I guess I do now), as I consider Smid to be a friend of mine, and would have had no problem voting for a ticket with him on it.

I believe any candidate would keep you on as SoFA. Who else wants to be SoFA or could be as good of a SoFA?

I know of a few.

I know one person in particular who said he'd like to be SoFA, though he ultimately said that he'd be fine with Earl staying on.

I am almost positive then that you were the only one considering it. I highly doubt Lief would not retain Earl after he already did once.

I actually was leaning against appointing that person anyway, for reasons that could be embarrassing to that person if revealed. So it is likely that I would have retained Earl regardless.

Thus my original point stands. Earl doesn't seem to have to worry about his position, leaving him to be able to vote his conscience.

God, I haven't even thought of the possibility of being dismissed myself. Que sera, sera.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2009, 11:02:15 PM »

To be quite frank, I am scared who to vote for now. I was planning on waiting until the end and second preferencing who ever was going to win. I am unlikely to do that now, I guess.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2009, 11:03:19 PM »

To be quite frank, I am scared who to vote for now. I was planning on waiting until the end and second preferencing who ever was going to win. I am unlikely to do that now, I guess.

In that case you should join the DA.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2009, 11:05:05 PM »

Why?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »

Why?

Some members have admitted to siding with whoever they think will win because it gives them more power.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2009, 11:15:47 PM »

Why?

Some members have admitted to siding with whoever they think will win because it gives them more power.

Who? When? Where?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:04 PM »

Why?

Who? When? Where?

Do I have permission to post your PM?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2009, 11:17:57 PM »

I am happy to come clean about anything I may have said in our discussion. I think it may have been about PiT promising to keep me on as SoFA if he wins. I am obviously going to vote for someone who wants to keep me on a SoFA, it is one of my bigger issues. There was some rumours that had he won the last election, I would've been toast.

Are you serious?

Good lord, the LNF can't hold my respect for more than five minutes it seems.

I don't appreciate the fact that you basically lied in your original post here, talking about how I was spreading "vicious rumors" that you apparently knew were true right from the get-go. I don't care what sort of spin you put on it, you knew what I was referring to, you simply tried to come out and made me look like a crazy person or something.

I must say I'm incredibly disappointed and downright disgusted with what I'm hearing from you guys lately. I thought you were all respectable folk who just had a different attitude on the game, now I find out you're apparently all self-interested jerks who have no guiding principles whatsoever.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »

Why?

Who? When? Where?

Bump, dont want this question to go unanswered
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »

Why?

Ham apparently you'll back anyone who can help you grow stronger as shown by this whole scandel.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2009, 11:21:43 PM »

Why?

Ham apparently you'll back anyone who can help you grow stronger as shown by this whole scandel.

No, you knew very well that I had a different candidate in mind for the NE Senate.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #236 on: October 18, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »

Are you serious?

I don't appreciate the fact that you basically lied in your original post here, talking about how I was spreading "vicious rumors" that you apparently knew were true right from the get-go. I don't care what sort of spin you put on it, you knew what I was referring to, you simply tried to come out and made me look like a crazy person or something.

I must say I'm incredibly disappointed and downright disgusted with what I'm hearing from you guys lately. I thought you were all respectable folk who just had a different attitude on the game, now I find out you're apparently all self-interested jerks who have no guiding principles whatsoever.

"You guys"?

Gee, thanks.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: October 18, 2009, 11:49:59 PM »

Why?

Who? When? Where?

Oh, missed that post. You'll have to send me the PM first so I know which one this is.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2009, 11:53:51 PM »

Are you serious?

Well I was surprised, and concerned that our internal matters were being spread as rumours. From what I had been hearing, you didn't know what was actually going on, so I factually believed you didn't, and were spreading false rumours. However, I apologize for bringing you into this, but I did want to get this into the open.

And I apologize for being self interested, but I don't see the harm in this really. As I stated in my PM to you, the LNF means something different to different members of the party. The media portrays as a joke party, trying to remove the seriousness from the game. When I created the party, this wasn't my complete intention. I desired an alternative party that we could have fun in. And I think we have achieved this result. But, at the same time we are a serious party that plays a role in Atlasian politics.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:24 AM »

Why?

Who? When? Where?

Oh, missed that post. You'll have to send me the PM first so I know which one this is.

From your PM I believe I remember which PM of mine that is. If you can send me the entire thing, I would probably authorize its publishing. It was an analysis of Atlasia, rather than an actual description of DA policy and it pretty much discusses the power dynamics of the game as of a month ago or so.

So if you find it, send it to me and I'll give you the thumbs up or down.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »

Why?

Who? When? Where?

From your PM I believe I remember which PM of mine that is. If you can send me the entire thing, I would probably authorize its publishing. It was an analysis of Atlasia, rather than an actual description of DA policy and it pretty much discusses the power dynamics of the game as of a month ago or so.

So if you find it, send it to me and I'll give you the thumbs up or down.

the rest of it talked about pit/hw and wasnt relevant but i can try to find it
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:54 AM »

Are you serious?

Well I was surprised, and concerned that our internal matters were being spread as rumours. From what I had been hearing, you didn't know what was actually going on, so I factually believed you didn't, and were spreading false rumours. However, I apologize for bringing you into this, but I did want to get this into the open.

And I apologize for being self interested, but I don't see the harm in this really. As I stated in my PM to you, the LNF means something different to different members of the party. The media portrays as a joke party, trying to remove the seriousness from the game. When I created the party, this wasn't my complete intention. I desired an alternative party that we could have fun in. And I think we have achieved this result. But, at the same time we are a serious party that plays a role in Atlasian politics.

Heaven forbid a simulted politician isn't interested in keeping hi simulated career. Really? It makes me wonder what you people are thinking to get so b*itchy with each other. I mean that. Go read my commentary on the Atlasian Cynic for my opinion. This will consist on my only comments on the matter.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2009, 12:17:57 AM »

Are you serious?

"You guys"?

Gee, thanks.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like you were one of the only members in the LNF who actually supported the deal.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2009, 12:19:47 AM »

Heaven forbid a simulted politician isn't interested in keeping hi simulated career. Really? It makes me wonder what you people are thinking to get so b*itchy with each other. I mean that. Go read my commentary on the Atlasian Cynic for my opinion. This will consist on my only comments on the matter.

Very shrewd plug there Cynic. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2009, 12:20:51 AM »

What I wrote:

Anyway, we should do it, but only if it is done in public. If they truly are willing to sell their souls for us, what's a little trinket in return? Loonyism is fun, but the LNF also exists that its principles may be furthered in Atlasia. One of these is, after all, "DWDL is an assclown and a bully." But another is openness. No backroom deals. The Angel Dusters will have to do their part in public.

Take of it what you may.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:07 AM »

Very shrewd plug there Cynic. Tongue

I didn't become a doctor for nothing. In all seriousness, I just didn't want to get into explaining things I already stated.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:13 AM »

Are you serious?

"You guys"?

Gee, thanks.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like you were one of the only members in the LNF who actually supported the deal.

He was offered a different deal completely.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »

I was the first person to reveal Hamilton for what he was, but no one listened to my warning calls.

I dunno about that, most of the JCP caught on pretty early.

You'd have to be kind of blind to miss what's going on there.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2009, 12:38:05 AM »

Are you serious?

"You guys"?

Gee, thanks.

Well it appears he was more supportive of a PCP-LNF alliance of some kind than anyone else in the LNF was.

I was the first person to reveal Hamilton for what he was, but no one listened to my warning calls.

I dunno about that, most of the JCP caught on pretty early.

You'd have to be kind of blind to miss what's going on there.

Thank you for blessing us with your infinite wisdom...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »

Are you serious?

"You guys"?

Gee, thanks.

Well it appears he was more supportive of a PCP-LNF alliance of some kind than anyone else in the LNF was.

He was given more of an incentive.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies