Rumours! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:28:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rumours! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rumours!  (Read 53395 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 18, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »

This game isn't worth all this sweat and blood. Time to rethink my involvement in "Atlasia" once again. Perhaps it has gotten too intense.

You'd be surpised how many other election 'games' we've tried to start that never get off the ground Tongue They are obviously missing something Atlasia does not.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

This game isn't worth all this sweat and blood. Time to rethink my involvement in "Atlasia" once again. Perhaps it has gotten too intense.

I would like to echo this statement.

Such wheelings and dealings, stupid partisan schemes and shenanigans and so forth could potentially endanger Atlasia and compromise the participation of many reasonable, moderate and sane voices.

I've said this a million times in the past, it's a damn game. Most people are on here not because they've been forced (well, in some cases maybe not.) but because they want to have fun and participate in a game that's a good idea, interesting and entertaining. Atlasia isn't meant to cause harm, stress or any sh**t to anybody, but it will end up doing so if people don't realize that this thing is a goddamn game. A goddamn game.

Much of this has to do with the development of a stable and entrenched party system. It becomes difficult to seperate the person from the party when it comes to dealings in this game.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »

Hamilton you've learned the first rule of Atlasia; private dealings can and will spill out into the open. The second rule is that when they do throw your hands up in the air Tongue Everyone has been involved in things like this at some time in their lives on here. Some are exposed many are not.

But when they are exposed you need to put your hands up, be honest about what's happened and suffer the short term troubles. Then you can go back to the game burnt but wiser! If you start to spin things out of control the fallout is worse.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:54:20 PM »

What on earth is going on?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies