Do you like your parents?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you like your parents?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do you like your parents?  (Read 1528 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 07:13:08 AM »

My dad isn't apolitical. He was active in Breton autonomist, cultural and nationalist movements, fighting the ultra-centralizing culture-quashing Jacobin craps. He also probably got on the French police's black list in the 60-70s. Definition of FF.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »

My parents are the Cleavers, so they were basically the best parents in the world until I was 12.  They're still excellent, but, especially in my mom's eyes, I'll never grow up, so going back home can be a pain.  Also, they're not at all nerds, so sometimes we have problems relating.  Still, I wouldn't trade them for anyone.
titaniumtux
Rookie
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: 9.10, S: -5.13

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »

My parents are extremely supportive, which is all I need. My mum's a small "l" libertarian and my father is a populist, so I find it amusing how they always decide to vote for the same candidates (usually for moral issues).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2009, 10:27:49 PM by Torie »

I adored my father, and I still think he is one of the most remarkable persons I will ever have had the privilege to know, or will ever know. As to my mother, we had issues, but at 35, I told her the statute of limitations had run, and that any personal problems I had, and I had and have them, were mine alone to deal with, and that blaming her as a "mature" adult was for losers, and that I would do all I could, to make our remaining years together amicable. In that I think, unlike some other matters, I succeeded. My mother is still "alive" at this point, but insentient, and does not have a clue whom I am. I hope that I have enough "notice" to off myself if I perceive I am going down that road.

Gosh, I still miss my father to this day. Dad, I finally got fit, Give me a high five! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies