Another day on the border
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:26:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Another day on the border
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Another day on the border  (Read 2348 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

A pretty typical account of the day to day activities of the Border Patrol from the Sierra Vista newspaper.

I present it as just one example discrediting the mistaken notion that all illegal are Mexicans, and because it also illustrates several examples of what things too many illegal entrants are doing that "most Americans just won't do."

By Bill Hess
Herald/Review

A trio of illegal male immigrants from Mexico were found to have arrest records in California when they were processed by Border Patrol agents from the Douglas Station.

Tucson Sector spokeswoman Colleen Agle said the three were found to have significant criminal arrests when their  fingerprints were checked against records Thursday.

One individual had been accused of intercourse with a minor and rape by force/fear, another of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and the third of threatening crime with intent to terrorize, child cruelty, and possible injury/death and battery of a spouse, ex-spouse or date, Agle said.

Meanwhile, Willcox Station agents apprehended an illegal male immigrant from Mexico who had an arrest record in California alleging rape of a child and sexual solicitation, Agle said.

Additionally, agents from the Casa Grande Station arrested an illegal male immigrant from Mexico who had a sexual abuse record in Oregon, she said.

Also, while agents from Casa Grande were processing an illegal male immigrant from Mexico, he admitted to being a member of the Sureņo Trece criminal gang in California, the spokeswoman said.

From Thursday through Friday morning, 15 Chinese illegal immigrants were apprehended by agents in the Tucson Sector: four by agents at the Willcox Station, six by agents from the Tucson Station and five by agents from the Nogales Station, Agle said.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »

Not suprising at all.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »

I'm in Sierra Vista right now for a class.  My instructor, just last night, was telling stories of fire fights in the hills south of Fort Huachuca between the border guards/Army and the bands of coyotes (drug and people runners) trying to come in.  I don't know if it's being tested right now and will be implemented elsewhere later or not, but they have a little blimp tethered at a few thousand feet with fancy cameras and sensors and what not that keep an eye on things.  Probably cheaper and easier and more effective than a wall.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »

We need more security at the border but building a wall isn't the solution imho. The blimp sounds kind of cool but it needs to backed up by more personnel. This would be a good time to expand the ranks of the Border Patrol and this is a move that would be supported by vast majorities of this country including legal immigrants from Latin America.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »

I'm in Sierra Vista right now for a class.  My instructor, just last night, was telling stories of fire fights in the hills south of Fort Huachuca between the border guards/Army and the bands of coyotes (drug and people runners) trying to come in.  I don't know if it's being tested right now and will be implemented elsewhere later or not, but they have a little blimp tethered at a few thousand feet with fancy cameras and sensors and what not that keep an eye on things.  Probably cheaper and easier and more effective than a wall.

You're in a fascinating historical area.

If you have time, go over to Tombstone (be careful on the highway).

Take some time to see "the pit." (Bisbee)

Oh, and BTW, I don't know of any knowledgeable person who advocates "a wall," but there is a log of support for a ditch and berm system.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »

Today was our best day to do that stuff, but we didn't.  "the pit" sounds cool.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »

Oh, and BTW, I don't know of any knowledgeable person who advocates "a wall," but there is a log of support for a ditch and berm system.

I could see a wall working in some areas. You have a wall on one side, a road with border patrol, and a wall on the other. However, a wall across the whole border wouldn't do us much good.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »

I could see a wall working in some areas. You have a wall on one side, a road with border patrol, and a wall on the other. However, a wall across the whole border wouldn't do us much good.

First, the cost of "a wall" is prohibitive, even for short stretches.

Second, if "the wall" only covered "some area" then coyotes would simply go around "the wall."

Third, with respect to the need for an access road for Border Patrol vehicles, you would be amazed by the multitude of factors which impinge on the surfacing of such roads.

a. Surfacing is required because dirt roads become mud-traps in monsoon season, and vehicles kick up dust plumes in the dry seasons which can be seen from considerable distance, warning observant coyotes.

b.  The cost of conventional (highway) surfacing is simply astronomical if we are to have access to the bulk of the border.

c.  Gravel surfacing has emerged as the concensus choice, but it is essential that the gravel be no larger than pea gravel, otherwise it will be employed as weaponry against Border Patrol personnel (for which there is considerable experience).

Fourth, there is a time factor in border security as well.  Construction of a significant number of miles of a wall would take a decade (at minimum) whereas extensive implementation of a ditch and berm system (with fencing and road access beheld it), could be implemented in two to three years.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:16 AM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »

Those two don't look capable of rape.  Coyotes (the ones we're talking about) are experts at it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »

OH MY GAWD!!!! THOSE DAMNED ILLEGAL IMMIGRUNTS ARE COMING TO RAPE OUR CHURCHES AND BURN OUR WOMEN!!! QUICK!!!! SOMEBODY GET THE NATIVIST BORDER PATROL SQUAD!!!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »

First, the cost of "a wall" is prohibitive, even for short stretches.

Second, if "the wall" only covered "some area" then coyotes would simply go around "the wall."

"Thank" you for "your" incisive insight, "CARL".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

OH MY GAWD!!!! THOSE DAMNED ILLEGAL IMMIGRUNTS ARE COMING TO RAPE OUR CHURCHES AND BURN OUR WOMEN!!! QUICK!!!! SOMEBODY GET THE NATIVIST BORDER PATROL SQUAD!!!!
I hope that's not a response to me.  The coyotes running people are horrible, horrible people.  I'm not talking about the people trying to get here.  We should allow a LOT more people into this country....LEGALLY.  Borders must be controlled.

(I wonder if your post will make Xahar's crush thread....does he have a crush on you?)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »

I hope that's not a response to me.  The coyotes running people are horrible, horrible people.  I'm not talking about the people trying to get here.  We should allow a LOT more people into this country....LEGALLY.  Borders must be controlled.

And the size of the State increased accordingly to control them.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »

Beware the browns...
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:51 AM »

Did you bother to read the article I posted, or were you simply unable to comprehend what it contained?

Or perhaps you are contending that the Chinese apprehended are "brown"?

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 07:44:51 AM »

Did you bother to read the article I posted, or were you simply unable to comprehend what it contained?

This is why we can't secure our borders like every other civilized country. Everytime you try talking about it the proponents are mocked, criticised, called racists, nativists, and Nazis'. The open borders crowd just amazes me with there incredible stupidy and arrogance. I expected much better from Jim then this BS.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »

This is why we can't secure our borders like every other civilized country. Everytime you try talking about it the proponents are mocked, criticised, called racists, nativists, and Nazis'. The open borders crowd just amazes me with there incredible stupidy and arrogance. I expected much better from Jim then this BS.

No, you'll be called exactly what you are: a big-government Statist with a vendetta against industry who wants to punish industry by removing the possibility of employment to a valuable human resource.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »

First, as I noted on another recent thread on this forum, according to a CNN survey, support for adhering to the law in dealing with illegal aliens is growing.  So, the name-calling isn't working the way the open borders crowd would desire.

Second, name-calling is to be expected when cogent arguments are lacking.  Yeah, its stupid and arrogant.  But, its what I have come to expect from JSojourner.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:25 AM »

Beware the browns dirty Mexicans.........

That's what they're saying, JS.....get with it.

Of course while some want to barricade the front door and keep the dirty mexicans out solving all our problems, I wonder if they worry about what's coming through the back door (Canada)?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »

You know, it would be a lot easier to find these kind of people if they were legal.  And if 15 or whatever stories about violent illegal immigrants is justification to completely shut off the border, then shouldn't we shut off the borders to places like Detroit and Camden?  I can think of a lot more horror stories relating to residents of these cities than illegal immigrants.  Whether that be because they're more violent or easier to catch, the situation still makes no sense.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »

You know, it would be a lot easier to find these kind of people if they were legal.  And if 15 or whatever stories about violent illegal immigrants is justification to completely shut off the border, then shouldn't we shut off the borders to places like Detroit and Camden?  I can think of a lot more horror stories relating to residents of these cities than illegal immigrants.  Whether that be because they're more violent or easier to catch, the situation still makes no sense.

Fezzy,

First, I don't know anyone that wants to "completely shut off thge border."

Second, please, stop referring to the individuals who illegally enter this country as "immigrants."  They are simply illegal aliens, or specifically, illegal entrants.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »

fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »

You know, it would be a lot easier to find these kind of people if they were legal.  And if 15 or whatever stories about violent illegal immigrants "entrants" is justification to almost completely shut off the border, then shouldn't we shut off the borders to places like Detroit and Camden?  I can think of a lot more horror stories relating to residents of these cities than illegal immigrants "entrants".  Whether that be because they're more violent or easier to catch, the situation still makes no sense.
Fezzy,

First, I don't know anyone that wants to "completely shut off thge border."

Second, please, stop referring to the individuals who illegally enter this country as "immigrants."  They are simply illegal aliens, or specifically, illegal entrants.

Good job refuting my points.

I edited it to your preferences, how about answering it now?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »

Yeah, totally ignore the fact that I want there to be a lot more LEGAL immigration.  Ignore the fact that two of my children are "brown".  Clearly I want the border closed because I'm a racist just like everybody else that wants the border closed.

Good Og "open minded" people are closed minded jackasses WAY to often.  Seriously, if you think everybody that wants to secure the border is, by default, a racist then YOU ARE RETARDED.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies