Dirty Tactics in the Dirty South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:32:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dirty Tactics in the Dirty South
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Dirty Tactics in the Dirty South  (Read 7401 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »

Tux approached me a few days ago about this, and I told him he should probably let everyone know what was happening. I was not pleased to know that my friend was being harassed via PM, about his vote. Especially as an LNF member, why shouldn't he vote for Xahar? Why should he be threatened about future support?

I haven't seen the PMs, but I trust tux is telling the truth and is quite disgruntled about this. He's not the one to create scandal and outrage over nothing. I'm sure he had every intention to get along with the Governor until this happened.

The facts as previously stated do not back up that interpretation of events.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »

Tux approached me a few days ago about this, and I told him he should probably let everyone know what was happening. I was not pleased to know that my friend was being harassed via PM, about his vote. Especially as an LNF member, why shouldn't he vote for Xahar? Why should he be threatened about future support?

I haven't seen the PMs, but I trust tux is telling the truth and is quite disgruntled about this. He's not the one to create scandal and outrage over nothing. I'm sure he had every intention to get along with the Governor until this happened.

That's my end of the story. Are you calling me liar?
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

Conceivably, titaniumtux is the liar. He's twisting the facts at the very least.

Why would I threaten him over future support if he's already voted? And, if he specifically asked about political opportunities for a libertarian, was it wrong to tell him libertarians and conservatives are Xahar's opponents? He did call himself a "noob", and I thought he was unaware of Xahar's political positions. Never did I actually threaten him or harass him (ha!). But I'm repeating what I've said already. Nobody has yet stated what was unethical about my conduct (because it wasn't unethical).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »

If the shoe fits, wear it.

The facts as I have gathered was that

1. Titanium PMed Dan asking about his chances as a Libertarian in the DS.
2. Dan responds(after Titanium had voted) by saying that supporting statists isn't a good way to improve those Chances

I don't see how any of that has to do with intimidation. He asked a question and got a response that is that is an adequate interpretation of the politics of Libertarians and Conservatives in the DS.

I think Titanium is exaggerating, and I think you are lying because he is your friend. And I think everyone else wants to use this to beat a Dead horse. We get it, you all hate the RPP/PCP. Doing this king of silly BS isn't goin to make us go away.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 12:19:57 PM »

I just read some of PMs, and I'm not too happy with some of Mr. Adams' use of language.  He also called the Dirty South "the Sh*ty South", which I found odd...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia! Your vote will be the topic of many PMs?. Heck I almost sent one to you asking for your vote, but I ran out of time.
Nothing wrong with asking me to vote for you (unless it's election day).

Well I don't think he was trying to get you to change your vote(it was already after you had voted), just making you aware that it wasn't the wisest course if you intended to seek support from DS Libertarians and Conservatives in the future. What you did to Dan would constitute entrapment.

How the hell is it entrapment? Seems more like a misunderstanding. As a member of the LNF, Tux rightly felt that he should vote for his party member. He also didn't appreciate it when he felt Daniel Adams was threatening him about his political future based on his vote. Now perhaps Daniel was simply pointing out that a vote for Xahar wouldn't help him with the conservatives and libertarians of the "sh**ty south" (Daniel's words, not mine), thus causing a misunderstanding. Don't see how this is entrapment though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »

I just read some of PMs, and I'm not too happy with some of Mr. Adams' use of language.  He also called the Dirty South "the Sh*ty South", which I found odd...

While mildly disconcerting, I have to ask, was there anything beyond that could come close to being unethical or in any make my interpretation of events less true then yours?
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »

I have no idea what the hell titaniumtux showed you, Earl, but I would NEVER and have NEVER insulted my region in that manner. Titaniumtux has gone beyond twisting my words and is forging PM conversations, if what you say is true.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

Maybe I'll ask for some screenshots, or get him to log into his account next time he's over.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 12:29:39 PM »

Maybe I'll ask for some screenshots, or get him to log into his account next time he's over.
I'd appreciate it. I could understand if titaniumtux misunderstood my words, but such prevarications are extremely troubling.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 12:29:39 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia! Your vote will be the topic of many PMs?. Heck I almost sent one to you asking for your vote, but I ran out of time.

Well I don't think he was trying to get you to change your vote(it was already after you had voted), just making you aware that it wasn't the wisest course if you intended to seek support from DS Libertarians and Conservatives in the future. What you did to Dan would constitute entrapment.

How the hell is it entrapment? Seems more like a misunderstanding. As a member of the LNF, Tux rightly felt that he should vote for his party member. He also didn't appreciate it when he felt Daniel Adams was threatening him about his political future based on his vote. Now perhaps Daniel was simply pointing out that a vote for Xahar wouldn't help him with the conservatives and libertarians of the "sh**ty south" (Daniel's words, not mine), thus causing a misunderstanding. Don't see how this is entrapment though.

True indeed, the effect though of Tux's actions was entrapment no matter what, but its unintentional in the situation you describe. But if you are a cynnical person like me who often assumes the worst intentions in people's actions and then considers the possibility that it was intentional, then it really is entrapement. If its a misunderstanding why hasn't Tux admitted to it instead of continuing to make this wildly exaggerated claim that Dan intimidated him when no such thing occured?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »

What is the point of this thread other than to slander the PCP and Daniel Adams? The more I read about it, the more it sounds like dirty politics.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 12:34:37 PM »

True indeed, the effect though of Tux's actions was entrapment no matter what, but its unintentional in the situation you describe. But if you are a cynnical person like me who often assumes the worst intentions in people's actions and then considers the possibility that it was intentional, then it really is entrapement. If its a misunderstanding why hasn't Tux admitted to it instead of continuing to make this wildly exaggerated claim that Dan intimidated him when no such thing occured?

Maybe because he thinks he was being intimidated? I see no reason for Tux to entrap Dan.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »

Maybe because he thinks he was being intimidated? I see no reason for Tux to entrap Dan.

Indeed that may be the case. The question is does Tux acknowledge there may have been a misunderstanding.

On the surface Tux would have no reason to entrap Dan however I am have become much more skeptical of peoples intentions especially after Hamilton. I also think that the DA/JCP/LNF tag team will do anything to discredit the PCP.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »

I like how Dan Adams calls people statists.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »

The last thing tux wants to do is is discredit the Libertarians here. If it wasn't for the LNF, he would be in the PCP.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 01:07:42 PM »

I'd like to apologize to Dan for accusing him of calling the Dirty South the "Sh*ty South [sic]". It appears our message board where tux posted the PMs changes the word dirty to sh*ty for some reason. Rather humourous, but a big misunderstanding.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »

I'd like to apologize to Dan for accusing him of calling the Dirty South the "Sh*ty South [sic]". It appears our message board where tux posted the PMs changes the word dirty to sh*ty for some reason. Rather humourous, but a big misunderstanding.

LOL that is hilarious. I would also like to apologize to Dan for saying he called the Dirty south the "sh**ty south".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »

lol LNFers
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »

Before even seeing this thread and his vote, TitaniumTux seemed like someone I would consider voting for if he ran in the future (especially with an L avatar). And then when I saw he voted for Xahar, I was asking myself if he was really a libertarian. Granted party loyalty is important as well. I have voted for people based on party in the past, when looking back another candidate would have been a better choice.

A while back Sensei was registered in the Southeast. There was an uncontested race with a right leaning candidate. Sensei voted NOTA. Some felt that he just didn't want to vote for the conservative. He later said he just didn't like voting in uncontested races.

Your vote will affect a lot of how people judge you (kind of how I'm judging a lot of people voting Lief, Al, and Franzl in any particular order with Pit not even preferenced at all).

Tux voted for the guy that was in the same party as him, which makes sense. It just so happened that that guy has a history of certain things and holds political positions that aren't exactly in the mainstream of the region and when asking for advice from Dan Adams, DA felt that Tux, being relatively new, may not have been aware of that. Probably just a misunderstanding so we should all move on.

--
What message board software are you guys using? Or do you have a mod / plugin installed that does that?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »

lol LNFers

Our forum is awesome, but not as much as yours. You can go check it out and see we aren't making it up. Ours is open to the public, unlike yours.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2009, 01:16:02 PM »

lol LNFers

Our forum is awesome, but not as much as yours. You can go check it out and see we aren't making it up. Ours is open to the public, unlike yours.

Well judging by the previous post from Brandon, we may be getting some improvements made. Wink.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »

It appears someone created some word filters. "Southeast" translates into "Sh*ty South". Not sure who did that Tongue I'm guessing it was Hamilton, as aaronburr is one of the filter words.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 01:20:20 PM »

It appears someone created some word filters. "Southeast" translates into "Sh*ty South". Not sure who did that Tongue I'm guessing it was Hamilton, as aaronburr is one of the filter words.

thats what you get for having so many Admins. Tongue
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »

Well, I'm glad that issue was cleared up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies