Dirty Tactics in the Dirty South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:48:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dirty Tactics in the Dirty South
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Dirty Tactics in the Dirty South  (Read 7390 times)
titaniumtux
Rookie
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: 9.10, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »

Hey y'all,

Governor Dan Adams sent me a private message yesterday about voting for Xahar would be a bad call if I wanted to ever run in an election in the Dirty South (seeing as it's a fairly Libertarian and Conservative region). In response I mentioned to him that I wanted to support the LNF, and he then said that Xahar actually has a strong chance of winning. I really didn't believe Xahar had a chance of winning, and it doesn't matter anyway because he's not allowed to be governor (SoFA Earl explained this to me).

I don't find this to be appropriate, especially considering that in real elections, votes are anonymous, and I also don't think it's right that I be judged based on my votes.

I am explicitly Libertarian and I am also a member of LNF because no party truly represents my views anyway and I'm not into big parties. I do want to make the LNF more libertarian and am hoping to get the support from both Libertarian/Conservative voters and the LNF, but none of this should matter anyway because I shouldn't be judged for my vote.

How do y'all feel about this? I'm also curious to see what will happen next considering Xahar won't be able to govern.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »

As shocking and unpredictable as electoral fraud is in Russia.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »

Though it is nice that the RPP's iron grip on the Southeast has finally been lifted.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

I, for one, am shocked Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »

I'll take over as Governor of the Dirty South, you see, following the election.

Anyway, I really don't know what Daniel Adams was doing or thinking, but it's becoming clear to me that people within my party have a fetish dealing with self-destruction. It seems to give them a hard on to do things that would make them look bad if revealed to the public. I'm not into that yet, but I'm afraid that I am susceptible to it as I was to yellow fever.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »

I'll take over as Governor of the Dirty South, you see, following the election.

you better!
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »

Hand over face, what in the world is going on with my party!
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2009, 09:36:10 PM by Dirty South Governor Daniel Adams »

Titaniumtux leaves out the part about him beginning this PM conversation. He PMed asking me about political opportunities for a neophyte libertarian in the Dirty South. I didn't have time to respond to him before he cast his vote, so my response included the fact that if he wanted to run as a libertarian, as he desired, siding with the statist candidate would hardly endear him to the libertarians and conservatives in the region. I was entirely unaware that he was a member of the LNF, which seems odd for a self-professed libertarian. Anything unethical about this?

I never lobbied for his vote in the first place, much less warn him that not voting for me would destroy his political opportunities in the Southeast.

Dirty tactics? Hardly.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »

And frankly, Governor Duke, you ought to know better than to swallow whatever accusation is leveled against the RPP leadership. You know more than anyone how the RPP's enemies are prone to exaggeration, distortion, and outright lying. How about some skepticism when it comes to accusations against your fellow party members?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

If that's the case, it sounds like titanium is playing gotcha politics, but I'm not surprised by anything anymore. We always seem to have some sort of "scandal" break around election time, whether it be real or manufactured.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »

siding with the statist candidate would hardly endear him to the libertarians

Unsure
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »

I think Titaniumtux should be governor. At least he won't be a lazy ass.......
titaniumtux
Rookie
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »

I'm not into that yet, but I'm afraid that I am susceptible to it as I was to yellow fever.
MDR (LOL) at yellow fever!

Politricks is often full of surprises. Seeing as we cannot quote private messages on the threads, maybe carbon-copying PM's to a trusted friend would be wise?

btw, I left out the fact that I initiated the PM'ing as it had nothing to do with voting! Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first PM...I was curious about what positions I should run for (being a n00b), what the demographic of the Dirty South was like and if there was anything to watch out for, the actual requirements for running and maybe some info/strategies about campaigning, but the response I got was nothing like what I expected!
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »

I'm not into that yet, but I'm afraid that I am susceptible to it as I was to yellow fever.
MDR (LOL) at yellow fever!

Politricks is often full of surprises. Seeing as we cannot quote private messages on the threads, maybe carbon-copying PM's to a trusted friend would be wise?

btw, I left out the fact that I initiated the PM'ing as it had nothing to do with voting! Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first PM...I was curious about what positions I should run for (being a n00b), what the demographic of the Dirty South was like and if there was anything to watch out for, the actual requirements for running and maybe some info/strategies about campaigning, but the response I got was nothing like what I expected!
You made it quite clear that you wanted to know whether you could win as a libertarian (and your original PM was indeed rather vague, but that's immaterial now). I merely responded that you wouldn't get many libertarian votes if you sided with Xahar, which I think is reasonable.

I'll emphasize that I responded after you voted. If I had wanted to threaten you or use "dirty tricks" to obtain your vote, I would have warned you against voting for Xahar beforehand, don't you think? Again, pray tell, what exactly was unethical or "dirty" about my response?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 03:34:40 AM »

As shocking and unpredictable as electoral fraud is in Russia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »

I think the dirty trickery here is on the part of Titaniumtux. I never thought that he would end up doing something like this but whatever. So far he hasn't denied that he intiated the PMing. So far he has admitted that he asked Dan a question about his chances in the DS. So far he hasn't denied that Dan responded after Titanium had already voted. What Dan said was what  seemed like an adequate interpretation of the DS. Xahar is definately not the most popular person among the Libertarians and Conservatives in the DS. Taking all of these facts into account, There is no scandal here and all the Attention whoring here needs to stop.
titaniumtux
Rookie
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »

It's no scandal, but I didn't appreciate the comment on my 'non-anonymous voting'. I wouldn't have seen anything wrong in asking for support prior to the election, it would have seemed like a modest request (unless bribes had been promised in exchange for support). Xahar is in the same party as me, so I figured it would be a good idea to support a fellow party member. Being a n00b to Atlasia and all, I wanted to know what other users thought of this. Again, I didn't find the initial PM I sent to be relevant, but there's no need for me to deny it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »

It's no scandal, but I didn't appreciate the comment on my 'non-anonymous voting'. I wouldn't have seen anything wrong in asking for support prior to the election, it would have seemed like a modest request (unless bribes had been promised in exchange for support). Xahar is in the same party as me, so I figured it would be a good idea to support a fellow party member. Being a n00b to Atlasia and all, I wanted to know what other users thought of this. Again, I didn't find the initial PM I sent to be relevant, but there's no need for me to deny it.

Welcome to Atlasia! Your vote will be the topic of many PMs?. Heck I almost sent one to you asking for your vote, but I ran out of time.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

There is a certain smell one sometimes runs across in Denmark.  This thread reeks of it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »

That is the PCP for you. A sickening party. Those individuals with integrity still left should leave IMMEDIATELY.

As far Daniel Adams, this type of "persuasive" messaging is, ironically, not as pathetic as his governorship, so you did the right thing, Tux.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »

Xahar couldn't beat NOTA but he still beat Dan Adams haha
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »

And frankly, Governor Duke, you ought to know better than to swallow whatever accusation is leveled against the RPP leadership. You know more than anyone how the RPP's enemies are prone to exaggeration, distortion, and outright lying. How about some skepticism when it comes to accusations against your fellow party members?
titaniumtux
Rookie
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »

Welcome to Atlasia! Your vote will be the topic of many PMs?. Heck I almost sent one to you asking for your vote, but I ran out of time.
Nothing wrong with asking me to vote for you (unless it's election day).
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »

Tux approached me a few days ago about this, and I told him he should probably let everyone know what was happening. I was not pleased to know that my friend was being harassed via PM, about his vote. Especially as an LNF member, why shouldn't he vote for Xahar? Why should he be threatened about future support?

I haven't seen the PMs, but I trust tux is telling the truth and is quite disgruntled about this. He's not the one to create scandal and outrage over nothing. I'm sure he had every intention to get along with the Governor until this happened.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 12:04:26 PM »

Nothing wrong with asking me to vote for you (unless it's election day).

Well I don't think he was trying to get you to change your vote(it was already after you had voted), just making you aware that it wasn't the wisest course if you intended to seek support from DS Libertarians and Conservatives in the future. What you did to Dan would constitute entrapment.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies