NY: Andrew Cuomo to run for Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:15:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  NY: Andrew Cuomo to run for Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: NY: Andrew Cuomo to run for Governor  (Read 17672 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

I don't think he is running...
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »

I was talking about Cuomo, and I'm pretty sure Cuomo is running (unless someone can provide me a legitimate source that says otherwise).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »

If he was running, wouldn't he have made an announcement by now? When are the New York primaries?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »

If he was running, wouldn't he have made an announcement by now? When are the New York primaries?

September. No rush for him, especially since once he's in, the election's over.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2009, 02:38:28 AM »

he's made a mistake before of getting into a race he shouldn't. 

it's not entirely improbable that Paterson has made a deal with him too.  If Paterson gets his approval ratings up to some % Cuomo doesn't run [which he might not anyway], and if he doesn't, he retires
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2009, 02:51:52 AM »

September. No rush for him, especially since once he's in, the election's over.

The New York primaries might be held in August or earlier due to new rules for military absentees in federal elections.  That change could be coming to a state near you, too.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2009, 08:29:22 PM »

I think that Cuomo is trying to show "Party unity" and support Paterson. Since Paterson will go down in flames, (Even against Lazio, lol) he can position himself perfectly for the office in 2014.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »

I think that Cuomo is trying to show "Party unity" and support Paterson. Since Paterson will go down in flames, (Even against Lazio, lol) he can position himself perfectly for the office in 2014.

Why wait four years if you can have the office today? Besides, if he waits four years, he might never be President. If he runs in 2010, he could position himself perfectly for 2016 (assuming Hillary doesn't run), since he'll have an impressive resume and still be pretty young. Then again, maybe he doesn't want to be President (just like his dad didn't run for the office in 1988 and 1992 when the nomination was his for the taking).
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »

Why wait four years if you can have the office today? Besides, if he waits four years, he might never be President. If he runs in 2010, he could position himself perfectly for 2016 (assuming Hillary doesn't run), since he'll have an impressive resume and still be pretty young. Then again, maybe he doesn't want to be President (just like his dad didn't run for the office in 1988 and 1992 when the nomination was his for the taking).

His dad wanted to be President. He didn't want to run against Bush, who's popularity was at stratospheric levels. Clinton took a risk, and it payed off for him. Cuomo made the biggest political error of his life.

Cuomo is trying to appeal, I think, to party unity. Of course it is his for the raking, but he'd be an ass in challenging a member of his own party for the office. he probably thinks that it will make him seem noble if he doesn't run. Then again, maybe he will run, and win. You can't be sure.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2009, 01:15:43 AM »

anyone hear the story..?  Paterson crashed Cuomo's fund-raising dinner the other night.

New York Gov. David Paterson (D) "made an attention-grabbing appearance last night at a birthday-bash fund-raiser for his political rival, state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo (D) -- the likely 2010 Democratic nominee for governor over the poll-challenged incumbent," the New York Post reports.

Said one attendee: "Andrew looked shocked. The governor bum-rushed him. They greeted each other. It was stiff and cordial. It was like seeing your old girlfriend at the prom.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies