NY: Andrew Cuomo to run for Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  NY: Andrew Cuomo to run for Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY: Andrew Cuomo to run for Governor  (Read 17901 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: October 27, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »

I don't have much trust in the Post, but great news if its true.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:24:27 PM »

By the way, Smash, whoever Ed Mangano is...I hope he loses.  I absolutely hate his "Tom Suozzi's the problem" ad.  I recently got Verizon Fios and have been getting punched in the face by Long Island campaign commercials by the hour.

Mangano is currently a county legislator though he is giving up that seat in order to run for County Executive against Suozzi.  I'm surprised he is running ads because he doesn't have much money ( I think the Nassau County Republican committee is paying for the ad).  Though with how horrid that ad (not to mention a bold faced lie) is maybe he is paying for it and that is all he can afford.  He really doesn't have much of a chance, a Newsday poll had him trailing Suozzi 54-31.  My guess the results will be fairly similar to Suozzi's 2005 margin when he won 59-38.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:33:40 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2009, 11:38:53 PM by Smash255 »

By the way, Smash, whoever Ed Mangano is...I hope he loses.  I absolutely hate his "Tom Suozzi's the problem" ad.  I recently got Verizon Fios and have been getting punched in the face by Long Island campaign commercials by the hour.

I worked for Suozzi, and I hope he wins too.

I also hope Suozzi runs for Lt. Governor, and I want Paterson out.

Suozzi's name has been mentioned as either a potential Lt Gov or AG candidate if Cuomo were to run.  Current Controller and Former Assemblyman Tom DiNapoli, who Suozzi upset in the Dem Primary for Nassau County Exec in 2001 name has also been thrown around for Lt Gov.  And Kathleen Rice (Nassau County DA) has also had her name thrown around for AG.  

BTW where on LI are you?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »

By the way, Smash, whoever Ed Mangano is...I hope he loses.  I absolutely hate his "Tom Suozzi's the problem" ad.  I recently got Verizon Fios and have been getting punched in the face by Long Island campaign commercials by the hour.

Suozzi's name has been mentioned as either a potential Lt Gov or AG candidate if Cuomo were to run.  Current Controller and Former Assemblyman Tom DiNapoli, who Suozzi upset in the Dem Primary for Nassau County Exec in 2001 name has also been thrown around for Lt Gov. 

Would Cuomo pick another ginzo as his runningmate?

Lol.  One of the articles I read suggested Rice could get the AG slot over Suozzi if Cuomo goes with DiNapoli in order to have more balance on the ticket.  Now, I don't know how true that reasoning is, but I have seen it mentioned.  Cuomo also recently hosted an event for Rice which garnered more speculation about an AG run for her. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:49:24 PM »

By the way, Smash, whoever Ed Mangano is...I hope he loses.  I absolutely hate his "Tom Suozzi's the problem" ad.  I recently got Verizon Fios and have been getting punched in the face by Long Island campaign commercials by the hour.

Suozzi's name has been mentioned as either a potential Lt Gov or AG candidate if Cuomo were to run.  Current Controller and Former Assemblyman Tom DiNapoli, who Suozzi upset in the Dem Primary for Nassau County Exec in 2001 name has also been thrown around for Lt Gov.  And Kathleen Rice (Nassau County DA) has also had her name thrown around for AG.  

BTW where on LI are you?

I'm going to school in Boston now but originally from Massapequa.

DiNapoli lost to Suozzi in the Dem Primary for County Exec, so I really wouldn't call it an upset?

I think Kathleen Rice is fairly good looking for someone her age haha.

but Suozzi would make a much better AG or LT than Rice.

Nice I'm from Massaequa as well.  Got an apt in enemy territory a few months ago (S Farmingdale), but other than that and college, spent my whole life in Pequa.

I don't remember all that much about the 01 campaign since I was a soph at Stony Brook at the time and registered out there, but DiNapoli was the favorite over Suozzi in the Primary, he had a higher name recognition, more $$ and stronger establishment support
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies