Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 03:14:40 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Endorse your primary candidates here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Endorse your primary candidates here!  (Read 21135 times)
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2009, 06:12:24 pm »
Ignore

Congratulations to the nominee.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:00 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Ms. Pickering.
And thanks Xahar. If the Democratic race stays the same, it looks like you will be my opponent. This will be a historic election, for sure!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:36 pm »
Ignore

Indeed it shall. Smiley

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2009, 06:21:59 pm »

You put up an awesome fight, Vepres.  Thank you for playing.  Smiley

And congratulations again to the presumptive nominee, of course.

Real America demands to know.
Vepres
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.26, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2009, 06:29:22 pm »
Ignore

You put up an awesome fight, Vepres.  Thank you for playing.  Smiley

And congratulations again to the presumptive nominee, of course.

This whole game was a fantastic idea Joe. Smiley

LOL, Failure

Alright, if Republicans gain less than 75 seats, I'll prominently display my failure in my signature.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2009, 06:34:51 pm »
Ignore

Hudson/Pickering?

Update reading list

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2009, 07:25:13 pm »
Ignore

I'm changing my endorsement tokens from 5 to Vepres to 5 to Finch.

Sorry Hudson, but you've already one the race. No use giving you credits to win states you already will win

Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2009, 02:05:19 am »

Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that now that Hudson has clinched the nomination, her endorsements points are now 'locked' in.  This is simply to stop an exodus of endorsements to the Democratic race, which would then affect the general campaign (negatively for Hudson in this case).

Hudson may still receive endorsements, just to clarify, but she cannot have any transferred away from her.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:31:16 am by Joe Republic »Logged

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2009, 07:59:41 am »
Ignore

Ah, bonus tokens. I remember what they do now. How long 'till the WV primary?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2009, 09:21:51 am »

Ah, bonus tokens. I remember what they do now. How long 'till the WV primary?

Stage 17.

Andy Jackson
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2009, 11:56:49 am »
Ignore

After my victory of Rhode Island, I'll be dropping out and endorsing Helen Hudson for President. All of my tokens/delegates and such to Hudson with said endorsement.

"One lunar misstep and the World changes..."

Forever Mankind Timeline Link
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »
Ignore

Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that now that Hudson has clinched the nomination, her endorsements points are now 'locked' in.  This is simply to stop an exodus of endorsements to the Democratic race, which would then affect the general campaign (negatively for Hudson in this case).

Hudson may still receive endorsements, just to clarify, but she cannot have any transferred away from her.

Can mine still switch since Williams was still in the race when I endorsed Finch?

Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:56 pm »
Ignore

I have my endorsement points lodged with Finch presently. Will the 'locked in' element of endorsements re-open come the General Campaign, or should I be transferring my points to Hudson before the end of the Democrat Primary season to prevent them being tied up during the General?
Devilman88
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2009, 12:03:11 am »
Ignore

So how does the whole VP thing work?

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2009, 12:04:30 am »
Ignore

Presumably tmth will pick whoever he wants.

Update reading list

Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2009, 02:28:00 am »

Can mine still switch since Williams was still in the race when I endorsed Finch?

No.  Hudson had already clinched the nomination, so it didn't matter if Williams was still in the race.

I have my endorsement points lodged with Finch presently. Will the 'locked in' element of endorsements re-open come the General Campaign, or should I be transferring my points to Hudson before the end of the Democrat Primary season to prevent them being tied up during the General?

Hudson's points are locked in to avoid her losing any of them, but she can still receive them either from the Democratic side or from posters who haven't issued endorsements yet.  So my advice would be to switch your points from Finch to Hudson now (i.e. before the Democratic race wraps up), assuming that's what you want to do.

The details will be explained at the start of the general campaign, but essentially, there will be a sign-up thread for prospective running mates (which can include the former presidential candidates), and then the nominees will announce their selections shortly before the convention phase.

Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2009, 06:23:07 pm »
Ignore

Hudson's points are locked in to avoid her losing any of them, but she can still receive them either from the Democratic side or from posters who haven't issued endorsements yet.  So my advice would be to switch your points from Finch to Hudson now (i.e. before the Democratic race wraps up), assuming that's what you want to do.

Cheers for the advice. Can I please transfer my points from Finch to Hudson now (sorry Al). I realise it will be too late for the Pennsylvania Primary, but I assume you'll switch them as a first priority even if Xiao wraps up the Primary at that point?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:06:48 pm by Smid »Logged
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2009, 06:58:03 pm »
Ignore

Since Xahar is close to clinching the nomination, I will switch my 3 endorsement points from Al to tmth.

Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2009, 08:09:35 pm »

I realise it will be too late for the Pennsylvania Primary, but I assume you'll switch them as a first priority even if Xiao wraps up the Primary at that point?

Yes, I think so.

ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2009, 11:20:25 am »
Ignore

Al scores a thrilling upset!

Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2009, 04:31:53 pm »

The next stage is beginning imminently, therefore no more endorsements will be included for that particular contest.

Those who haven't yet issued endorsement points may still do so; these will go towards the next stages after the next stage.

Here are the endorsement point totals, showing only the endorsements issued since the last stage:

DEMOCRATS

Franklin Finch (Al)     Smid
PiT
TOTAL     

Xander Xiao (Xahar)                    TOTAL     0
`

REPUBLICANS

Helen Hudson (tmthforu94)          Smid
PiT
TOTAL     

For the remainder of the primary race, all endorsements for Xander Xiao and Helen Hudson are 'locked in'.  If you have endorsed either of them, you may not now withdraw your endorsement points from them. 

Anybody who hasn't yet issued endorsement points may do so for any of the remaining candidates, including Franklin Finch.

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »
Ignore

Wow big Pennsylvania upset!

Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2009, 01:23:16 pm »

The next stage is beginning imminently, therefore no more endorsements will be included for that particular contest.

Those who haven't yet issued endorsement points may still do so; these will go towards the next stages after the next stage.

Here are the endorsement point totals, showing only the endorsements issued since the last stage:

DEMOCRATS

Franklin Finch (Al)     PGSable
TOTAL     

Xander Xiao (Xahar)                    PGSable
TOTAL     
`

REPUBLICANS

Helen Hudson (tmthforu94)          TOTAL     0

For the remainder of the primary race, all endorsements for Xander Xiao and Helen Hudson are 'locked in'.  If you have endorsed either of them, you may not now withdraw your endorsement points from them. 

Anybody who hasn't yet issued endorsement points may do so for any of the remaining candidates, including Franklin Finch.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2009, 03:48:17 pm »
Ignore

I gather that now that the primaries are over, I'll transfer all my endorsement points from Finch to Hudson.

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2009, 03:50:59 pm »
Ignore

I'll endorse Xiao.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout