My situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:12:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My situation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My situation  (Read 3150 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »

I kinda have a girlfriend, but we're not official b/c her parents don't want her to date (she's a freshman in college).  Apparently they got really pissed at her today b/c they don't want her talking to me.

Apparently her dad made her break up w/ her last boyfriend in the spring, and she thinks he's going to do the same.  They had  (her dad and her) a fight on the phone today and he basically said some really mean stuff ... something about he doesn't want her to come home this weekend like she was planning on), and has threatened to pull her out of school (basically he's a control freak - she's an only child).

She says, if he makes her break up w/ me, she will.  Should I say something about hte fact that he's completely controlling her, and how is she ever gonna be happy if he never lets her date, or should I just let it go?

She adds a lot of stress to my life, but also alot of happiness.  And this all comes on hte heels of an unhealthy amount of stress in my life.  I just got done dealing with a major state-wide political scandal.  One of my best friends won't talk to me because he's pissed  aobut how I dealt with the scandal.  There's a sh**t-load of drama in my student organization (College Repulbicans) that I'm chair of.  I was in a fender bender last week.  I found out I'll be at college an extra year.  I've recently had some money issues.

So, what's your advice.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:02:57 AM »

Well, I can't attest to money issues, but most women will bring a lot of happiness and a lot of drama. There are times, and these are the most difficult of times, that come along in which you may have to make a decision that you'd rather not make. If her parents sound like they are that big of a problem, perhaps it's best to leave it alone for the time being, especially if she says she will follow their orders. You're only setting yourself up for more problems down the road, and if you are already dealing with a lot of stress in your life, it's best to nip it in the butt before it can flare up in the future. Just my advice.

This reminds me of my Asian mistress once again. She wrote me recently saying she missed me and wanted to reunite, but I will probably not go back, not because I don't miss her - I do - but because of the drama she caused in the past. I don't want that to happen again now that I know it can. No need to continue to dive into a situation that can only cause problems.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:16:31 AM »

Well, I can't attest to money issues, but most women will bring a lot of happiness and a lot of drama. There are times, and these are the most difficult of times, that come along in which you may have to make a decision that you'd rather not make. If her parents sound like they are that big of a problem, perhaps it's best to leave it alone for the time being, especially if she says she will follow their orders. You're only setting yourself up for more problems down the road, and if you are already dealing with a lot of stress in your life, it's best to nip it in the butt before it can flare up in the future. Just my advice.

This reminds me of my Asian mistress once again. She wrote me recently saying she missed me and wanted to reunite, but I will probably not go back, not because I don't miss her - I do - but because of the drama she caused in the past. I don't want that to happen again now that I know it can. No need to continue to dive into a situation that can only cause problems.

One of my joys of this forum is getting to "know" you better AH, and "watch" you mature into a sensible adult. You these days are giving sage advice as if an "old", to the extent olds are worth anything. Kudos. Hopefully before I assume room temperature I will be following your illustrious legal career. Kick ass! I know you can. Best.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:31:32 AM »

Has she ever though about lying to her dad?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 12:34:59 AM »

Has she ever though about lying to her dad?

Apparently that's why he made her break up w/ her last boyfriend.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »

Might be time to uncomplicate your life a little then.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:56:06 AM »

Might be time to uncomplicate your life a little then.

As in end it with her?  or uncomplicate it in other areas?  Or both?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »

Well, the option ''show to the father than you are a great person'' is perhaps possible.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:10:36 AM »

Well, the option ''show to the father than you are a great person'' is perhaps possible.

I've met him - I thought he liked me.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47:55 AM »

On the real subject of that thread, I wish you the best that could happen.
Perhaps showing him your blog to convince him than you have strong values?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 04:34:45 AM »

Very sad story. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do in your situation...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:25 AM »

Well it looks like I lost my bet..........
What was my wager again?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 09:12:43 AM »

Okay maybe it's just my uber rebellious "f**k you" nature speaking out but you need to stand up to Mr. Boss Man and set him in his place. I know stress sucks but control freaks need to be put into their place man. This man is willing to prevent his daughter from feeling happiness due to a control freak issue, what a douche. Just talk to the guy and tell him that you "love" (even if you don't) his daughter and that you will do anything to take care of her. Either a) you set off the "creeper" alarm in his head or b) you impress him so much he decides to back off trying to force his daughter to break up with you. Also, tell your girlfriend to grow some metaphorical balls to stand up to her parents when they act like controllers. I have great parents, but if I feel like they are focing something onto me I tell them. We sometimes have heated arguments over stuff, but I usually win. Just saying.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »

If daddy makes her break up with you, and she does. Tell her she can either tell him to go scratch, or call her a smelly hooker pirate, and tell her to go back to whore island. Trust me, I've done this many times before. It works.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:47 AM »

If daddy makes her break up with you, and she does. Tell her she can either tell him to go scratch, or call her a smelly hooker pirate, and tell her to go back to whore island. Trust me, I've done this many times before. It works.

This sounds like as good of an answer as any.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »

Okay maybe it's just my uber rebellious "f**k you" nature speaking out but you need to stand up to Mr. Boss Man and set him in his place. I know stress sucks but control freaks need to be put into their place man. This man is willing to prevent his daughter from feeling happiness due to a control freak issue, what a douche. Just talk to the guy and tell him that you "love" (even if you don't) his daughter and that you will do anything to take care of her. Either a) you set off the "creeper" alarm in his head or b) you impress him so much he decides to back off trying to force his daughter to break up with you. Also, tell your girlfriend to grow some metaphorical balls to stand up to her parents when they act like controllers. I have great parents, but if I feel like they are focing something onto me I tell them. We sometimes have heated arguments over stuff, but I usually win. Just saying.
As long as her parents are still paying her college bills (and I'm just assuming that), they still have some say in her life (if they want it...I'm not saying that's how they should be or how I would be if I was the parent in this situation, but the fact remains....). 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:03 AM »

Well it looks like I lost my bet..........
What was my wager again?

I forget, but I guess you win, because it was less than a month between the time I apologized to overreacting to her actions and the time when she reached out, somewhat, to me. Although, I was told she still might be a little afraid to talk to be, which is why she wrote me a note, while drinking, when I was gone from campus. Whether it was spontaneous, because she was around my apartment for the first time since our fight, or planned is another story. That said, I will let it slide for a while, as I don't want to get back into a rough situation only to see it happen again. I'm getting used to life without her again, and, well, that's a good thing.

As for Inks, he needs to just cool things off with this girl. Her parents will always have some influence in her life, and as long as they are paying the bills, they can have some control over what she does. There are battles you can win, and battles you cannot win. I've learned this over the course of my life. "Choose your battles" is a saying that comes to mind. I used to think I could win them all, but that just isn't the case. Some things are out of your control. Unless she has a ring on her finger, which I hope you didn't pull a BuskOK, it isn't worth butting heads with her father, unless she's gorgeous, and then maybe it still isn't worth it, because down the road you'll just find yourself heartbroken. The parents, whether it be fair or not, always win in a situation like this. Take it from me.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

Fuckn parents.

Why the hell are they such tools sometimes?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 12:11:03 PM »

Do you think she's worth it? If that answer is yes than go for it or you probably won't get the chance again.

Hell my ex is worth it. Right now she's dating someone else and is not talking to me (she said she'd contact me when she's ready now) and I still love her. I may be in another relationship soon myself but that doesn't mean it'll change the fact that I still love her and want to be with her for the rest of my life if the opportunity happens in the future.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »

Do you think she's worth it? If that answer is yes than go for it or you probably won't get the chance again.

Hell my ex is worth it. Right now she's dating someone else and is not talking to me (she said she'd contact me when she's ready now) and I still love her. I may be in another relationship soon myself but that doesn't mean it'll change the fact that I still love her and want to be with her for the rest of my life if the opportunity happens in the future.

Even after getting the heave ho for another guy?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 02:00:06 PM »

Don't ever let your next gf know that sh**t dude....in fact, you might want to edit your post Wink  You can never be too safe.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »

Don't ever let your next gf know that sh**t dude....in fact, you might want to edit your post Wink  You can never be too safe.

Inks or Jedi?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »

Jedi
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »

k, good.....i was wondering since you didn't copy any of his post back.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »

As long as her parents are still paying her college bills (and I'm just assuming that), they still have some say in her life (if they want it...I'm not saying that's how they should be or how I would be if I was the parent in this situation, but the fact remains....). 

She's an only child, so her dad spoils her: college bills, cell phone bill, even paying for her gas for hr truck.  So - yeah if she pisses them off, she gets really screwed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies