My situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My situation  (Read 3151 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »

Inks.....stop right there.......read that again.....

Just move on, man.

You think you have troubles......read Jedi's posting....that boy has troubles.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »

And it's over.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:42 PM »

Sorry bro....more fish in the sea and all that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 04:25:55 PM »

Pretty much. Since it doesn't sound serious, then there is no reason to put yourself through all this grief. While we're giving out love advice, Jedi, I don't recommend waiting around for your ex-girlfriend to come back to you. If she's dating someone else, you're only hurting yourself by playing the waiting game. Get out there, meet people, have fun, and all of that should help alleviate the pain she may have caused. Love wounds heal with time, I have learned, but continuing to see, interact with and follow the ex around only hurts you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 05:07:16 PM »

Apparently I jumped the gun.  I'm still in this - this could actually work out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »

Well, my young, optimistic friend, my best advice is to avoid being anywhere near a fan.   Good luck, Inks!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »

Well, my young, optimistic friend, my best advice is to avoid being anywhere near a fan.   Good luck, Inks!

I missed the fan reference.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »

When the sh**t hits the fan with her parents, and it absolutely will, I'd avoid being nearby.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »

You need to talk to her about this, Inks. If she is unwilling to break from her Daddy's grasp, it is hopeless. He seems to be the type of dad who won't like any guy she brings home, and with him controlling her life, the two of you either won't last, or will be unhappy when you do last, because she will hate the fact that she is disobeying her Daddy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »

I echo tmth and GM's sentiments. I strongly recommend you think this over before you decide to force it. There are other fish in the sea, even though it may seem like there isn't right now, and plenty of time for you to find someone. This will only add unnecessary stress and hardship to your life once things collapse, and they will, from what you are saying.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »

When the sh**t hits the fan with her parents, and it absolutely will, I'd avoid being nearby.

Ahh... I figured it was a "sh**t hitting the fan" reference, but I was trying to figure out what it was a reference too.

And Duke and Tmth, I am gonna talk to her - she's going out tonight and we're gonna talk when she gets back.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

Pretty much. Since it doesn't sound serious, then there is no reason to put yourself through all this grief. While we're giving out love advice, Jedi, I don't recommend waiting around for your ex-girlfriend to come back to you. If she's dating someone else, you're only hurting yourself by playing the waiting game. Get out there, meet people, have fun, and all of that should help alleviate the pain she may have caused. Love wounds heal with time, I have learned, but continuing to see, interact with and follow the ex around only hurts you.

In the process of. As I said I might be in a relationship soon enough actually. I'm moving on yet not at the same time in that if she breaks up with him and wants to get back together I'll be all for it. The thing is I know she still cares about me in some form and though she is, doesn't want to hurt me. What would actually make it better is if she was talking to me, even just online. But oh well, time is the answer.

Now all that is part of the reason why I haven't been around for almost a month. Super busy with school and having all that dropped on me. Had no desire to do anything here.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »

In the process of. As I said I might be in a relationship soon enough actually. I'm moving on yet not at the same time in that if she breaks up with him and wants to get back together I'll be all for it. The thing is I know she still cares about me in some form and though she is, doesn't want to hurt me. What would actually make it better is if she was talking to me, even just online. But oh well, time is the answer.

Now all that is part of the reason why I haven't been around for almost a month. Super busy with school and having all that dropped on me. Had no desire to do anything here.

A perfect storm. I have had times like that myself. The good thing is they usually end. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2009, 09:51:59 PM by AHDuke99 »

I was hit with a serious family crisis on top of breaking things off with my Asian Mistress, so I can feel your pain. The first month after all of that happened was very emotionally draining, but thankfully I have some great friends, who I can basically trust my life with, and they rallied around to help pull me out of my funk. There are times, even today, that I get down, but I always try to remember that, what happened with the girl, at least, happened for the best, and I learned things about her then that would have caused problems down the road. You think there will never be another girl like that one, but then you meet someone new, and the old aches and pains fade into oblivion.

Of course, it's up to you as to whether you think she's worth taking back or going after, even after the break up and her dating another guy. She may want to get back together. Hell, my Asian mistress wants to reunite, but doesn't have the courage to actually call me in person, only to write and then wait, and as much as I do miss her, I don't think she's worth the time or effort. She's bats**t crazy. Things may be different for you. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 07:54:40 AM »

I don't mean to be a dick at all, cause I feel for ya, but she KNOWS she is hurting you, so i don't understand how you think she doesn't want to?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »

I don't mean to be a dick at all, cause I feel for ya, but she KNOWS she is hurting you, so i don't understand how you think she doesn't want to?

Well yes, she knows. But you'd have to know her to know what I mean.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 02:26:06 AM »

Well, things are looking good between me and the girl for now, but unfortunately, that political scandal that I mentioned in my original post has come back bigger than ever.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies