Election Results for East St. Louis, Illinois
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:03:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Results for East St. Louis, Illinois
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Election Results for East St. Louis, Illinois  (Read 18903 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 11:27:52 PM »

Feds Called in to Curb Eastside Crime

August 11, 2011 10:41 AM

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (KMOX) - “You will find that the crime rate here is the worst in the nation,” Durbin says.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/08/11/feds-called-in-to-curb-eastside-crime/

Yep. And you are implying this is caused by Democratic policies/support. In reality, its the reason voters there are overwhelmingly Democratic. Lassiz-Faire economics somehow lacks appeal under such circumstances.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 07:10:17 PM »

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (KMOX) - “You will find that the crime rate here is the worst in the nation,” Durbin says.

Yep. And you are implying this is caused by Democratic policies/support. In reality, its the reason voters there are overwhelmingly Democratic. Lassiz-Faire economics somehow lacks appeal under such circumstances.

We have a winner.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »

Why thank you. <bows> Grin

For additional edification, check out the comments attached to the article. "the growing cancer of negroes", calls to repeal child labor laws, links to white supremecist websites. And frankly few of the posts rise above that level. SOOOOO much stupid and meanspiritedness in there.
Nichlemn

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »

lol, hackery countered with hackery. The main reasons for ESL's Democratic status are clearly that they are poor, urban and black. Controlling for those, I doubt crime rates have much of an effect on voting (in fact, I'd guess it goes in the other direction).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »

lol, hackery countered with hackery. The main reasons for ESL's Democratic status are clearly that they are poor, urban and black. Controlling for those, I doubt crime rates have much of an effect on voting (in fact, I'd guess it goes in the other direction).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »

And poor urban voters are impressed by pro-corporate and wealthy economic policies because...?

I suggest improving your reading comprehension before throwing the "h word" around so loosely.,
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 03:07:18 PM »

And poor urban voters are impressed by pro-corporate and wealthy economic policies because...?

I suggest improving your reading comprehension before throwing the "h word" around so loosely.,

How dare you exploit facts by stating them, Badger!  Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »

How dare you exploit facts by stating them, Badger!  Grin

My bad, man. Won't happen again. Wink
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »

I've been to East St. Louis several times, unfortunately. Frightening place.

West Memphis and the Westbank of New Orleans are equally crappy. Something about being on the wrong side of the river.

Camden and Newark, NJ seem to apply here, as well. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies