Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates  (Read 3217 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:09 PM »

Lieberman Marching Further Right in 2010
Subway Series: Former Dem Veep Candidate Plans to Campaign for GOP

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/independent-sen-joe-lieberman-hell-back-republicans-2010/story?id=8952240

Well?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

lol
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »

I can't believe this guy was the Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee once upon a time.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 02:01:24 PM »

Hmm, I suppose it depends on which Republicans he supports, but still...  Roll Eyes
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »

He belongs in the GOP: a big-government warhawk with sympathies towards social authoritarianism and an unnatural sexual attraction to the Star of David.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

Shocked
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »

What a baby.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »

What a horrible thing! Supporting candidates from both sides. He should be expelled from the Senate for this.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »

What a horrible thing! Supporting candidates from both sides. He should be expelled from the Senate for this.

You ought to like him. He has a strong appeal to the idiot-populist base of the GOP, which is 90% of its real voting bloc.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »

You ought to like him. He has a strong appeal to the idiot-populist base of the GOP, which is 90% of its real voting bloc.
Sarcasm, my friend.
I just think it's annoying how both sides will attack their opponent for being "too partisan" during a campaign, but once they get in there, if someone is actually bi-partisan, they get attacked by their party. It seems like it is only okay to be bi-partisan when it is someone from the opposing party reaching out to you.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

Sarcasm, my friend.
I just think it's annoying how both sides will attack their opponent for being "too partisan" during a campaign, but once they get in there, if someone is actually bi-partisan, they get attacked by their party. It seems like it is only okay to be bi-partisan when it is someone from the opposing party reaching out to you.

He's going to join the GOP eventually, and he's going to fit right in with its ever-expanding "big tent" of economic liberals. He'll always have the V-chip to run on.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 02:57:51 PM »

I wonder if the GOP candidates even want his support really......

He's as bad as snarlin' Arlen.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 02:58:10 PM »

How can ben support him now....
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »

This is simply hypocritcal. If Liberman had been a Republican turned Independent, and he was campaigning for Democrats, Democrats would be praising him, while many Republican's would critique him. I hope none of you ever complain that a candidate is too partisan, because that is exactly what you all want.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »

This is simply hypocritcal. If Liberman had been a Republican turned Independent, and he was campaigning for Democrats, Democrats would be praising him, while many Republican's would critique him. I hope none of you ever complain that a candidate is too partisan, because that is exactly what you all want.

I don't care that he's a turncoat. I care that he's a big spender, a social authoritarian and a warhawk. I care because if he actually joins the GOP this will go a long way towards confirming my hypothesized realignment. If he does, I hope you welcome him, and make him feel comfortable.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »

I don't care that he's a turncoat. I care that he's a big spender, a social authoritarian and a warhawk. I care because if he actually joins the GOP this will go a long way towards confirming my hypothesized realignment. If he does, I hope you welcome him, and make him feel comfortable.
My statement wasn't directed towards you.
DariusNJ

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »

That's his choice, but what makes me angry is that he will act like a Democrat when it's convenient for him.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »

I'm sure there are Republicans praising him now. The roles here are just reversed than in your hypothetical. What's the difference, exactly?
rebeltarian
rebel_libertarian

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »

Two things I agree with Joe on here:

1. It's time for the President to stop being so slim-skinned and make up his mind about Afghanistan, one way or the other. 

2. "Bottom line, I'm saying this public option is so unnecessary to genuine health care reform and so bad for our country and the people of our country that I would vote to stop final vote on this health care reform bill if the public option is part of it."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »

I'm sure there are Republicans praising him now. The roles here are just reversed than in your hypothetical. What's the difference, exactly?
There isn't. I'm "attacking" both sides on this. That's why I'm an independent now. It's the only place you can be without being attacked. Oh wait...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2009, 04:39:58 PM by px75 »

Why is this news? He already did that last year when he campaigned not only for John McCain, but also for Susan Collins and Norm Coleman.

I bet he would stump for Attila the Hun running against Jesus Christ, if that secured him a couple more hours of cable coverage.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »

I'd say the same thing if someone Palin became an independent and then supported a Dem running in her state.  Its just betraying people who gave you trust and support for a long time.  Not only has he stabbed "His" party, he twisted the knife in our back.  This isn't a matter of being partisan but of being trustworthy.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »

Don't mind Joe, everybody, he's just desperately looking for a way to be relevant.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »

Why is this news? He already did that last year when he campaigned not only for John McCain, but also for Susan Collins and Norm Coleman.

I bet he would stump for Attila the Hun running against Jesus Christ, if that secured him a couple more hours of cable coverage.

I think it's a big deal because he was gambling big on a McCain win last year and was hoping for an appointment to his administration, perhaps even the VP slot, which he'd have gotten if the party hadn't vetoed him. When the Democrats won big, Lieberman seemed chastened and willing to work with the winners. This is a big step backward for him and, if he pursues this, appears to undo several months of reconciliation and cooperation from him.

I really wonder who's going to want Lieberman's help. Last year, the Democratic net roots turned Lieberman's fundraisers into fundraisers for his opponents by matching the money he raised. He's not exactly a big draw for people any more. It is all about him getting attention and trying to vindicate his past behavior, I guess.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

where is the problem ? liberals were very hard against lieberman in 2006. Why should he give satisfaction to them on their favorite measure (public option) ? It's revenge and  I fully support. GO Joe!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies