Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:39:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates  (Read 3245 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »

Why is this news? He already did that last year when he campaigned not only for John McCain, but also for Susan Collins and Norm Coleman.

I bet he would stump for Attila the Hun running against Jesus Christ, if that secured him a couple more hours of cable coverage.

I think it's a big deal because he was gambling big on a McCain win last year and was hoping for an appointment to his administration, perhaps even the VP slot, which he'd have gotten if the party hadn't vetoed him. When the Democrats won big, Lieberman seemed chastened and willing to work with the winners. This is a big step backward for him and, if he pursues this, appears to undo several months of reconciliation and cooperation from him.

I really wonder who's going to want Lieberman's help. Last year, the Democratic net roots turned Lieberman's fundraisers into fundraisers for his opponents by matching the money he raised. He's not exactly a big draw for people any more. It is all about him getting attention and trying to vindicate his past behavior, I guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies