Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:05:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Lieberman to support 2010 GOP Candidates  (Read 3231 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 30, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

lol
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »

Joe and I seem more and more on the same page these days.  So while the rest of you may traduce him, I am going to send him wet kisses.  Smiley

that's just the sign both of you are suffering from senility, don't worry though, your brains are just rotting from the inside Tongue

but seriously, you might want to talk to your doctor

By the way, I think Hong Kong might be the most materialistic place on this planet. I have never seen anything like it.  The whole city appears to be one great big shopping mall, where everything - and I mean everything - appears to be for sale.  There also appear to be next to no buildings that are less than 10 stories high, and most appear to be 20 or more stories.

Meh do you really think HK is more materialistic than America? Their malls are just more glitzy is all. It's the same all over Asia, people like to show they have money. And yeah the whole place is up in the sky but that is because they have no land, and this was especially true when it was a British colony. A lot of Asia is built like it though, but not to the extent of HK. I hear Chinese cities like Shenzen and Shanghai are starting to surpass it. Where else are you going in Asia besides Thailand? Or is that it? What are your plans there?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

Democrats should stop whining. You all know deep down that had a Republican supported the public option fully, you'd be praising him/her.

Except that he has in the past expressed support for a public option but has suddenly changed his mind now using all the nonsense republican talking points. He is just an attention whore and nothing else. Or he is aiming for a position in an health insurance firm after 2012. He is a d-bag who sways with the wind. Did a lot of democrats praise Specter when he joined their caucus? No, they ridiculed him. At least Lieberman should switch caucuses already and stop the charade.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 09:30:50 PM »

Democrats should stop whining. You all know deep down that had a Republican supported the public option fully, you'd be praising him/her.

Except that he has in the past expressed support for a public option but has suddenly changed his mind now using all the nonsense republican talking points. He is just an attention whore and nothing else. Or he is aiming for a position in an health insurance firm after 2012. He is a d-bag who sways with the wind. Did a lot of democrats praise Specter when he joined their caucus? No, they ridiculed him. At least Lieberman should switch caucuses already and stop the charade.

Specter and Lieberman aren't comparable. Specter switched for blatantly electoral reasons, while Lieberman only changed his position on one issue, and certainly didn't change parties. Besides, you already had 59 Senators, if Democrats were in the minority they would've praised him.

Could you cite his support for a public option?

Umm Lieberman also switched for blatantly electoral reasons. And the point is that Lieberman is only doing it to get attention, not because of his ideology. You won't see me criticizing Conrad, Landrieu, Nelson or other moderate democrats who oppose the public option because of their political views. I don't agree with them but I understand where they are coming from. Lieberman just out of the blue is against a neutered public option that according to the CBO will be deficit neutral at worst. And it's not that he has anything specifically against the bill, but somehow has had a change of heart on the whole concept of a public choice for consumers.

This is what Lieberman said back in 2006.
I’ve been working on health insurance reform for more than a dozen years. … I have offered a comprehensive program. Small business health insurance reform, plus something I call MediKids to cover all the children in America on a sliding fee basis up until the age of 25.

MediChoice to allow anybody in our country to buy into a national insurance pool like the health insurance pool that we federal employees and Members of Congress have. Medical malpractice reform.

It will cover 95% of those who are not covered now, and it will reduce the pressure on rising costs for all the millions of others.

http://www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002298/

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »

Joe and I seem more and more on the same page these days.  So while the rest of you may traduce him, I am going to send him wet kisses.  Smiley

that's just the sign both of you are suffering from senility, don't worry though, your brains are just rotting from the inside Tongue

but seriously, you might want to talk to your doctor

By the way, I think Hong Kong might be the most materialistic place on this planet. I have never seen anything like it.  The whole city appears to be one great big shopping mall, where everything - and I mean everything - appears to be for sale.  There also appear to be next to no buildings that are less than 10 stories high, and most appear to be 20 or more stories.

Meh do you really think HK is more materialistic than America? Their malls are just more glitzy is all. It's the same all over Asia, people like to show they have money. And yeah the whole place is up in the sky but that is because they have no land, and this was especially true when it was a British colony. A lot of Asia is built like it though, but not to the extent of HK. I hear Chinese cities like Shenzen and Shanghai are starting to surpass it. Where else are you going in Asia besides Thailand? Or is that it? What are your plans there?

Ya I do, and as you say, folks really like flaunting their wealth. The city has gone straight up and rapidly, in the past 20 years. Most of the buildings are quite new.  I am just going to Thailand and will have quite a busy time in Bangkok, and Phukett (sp), and then Chiang Mai. I am really looking forward to it. 

And when are you meeting up with Opebo? Wink Have fun and buy lots of pirated DVD's. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies