NY-23 in 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  NY-23 in 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-23 in 2010  (Read 6522 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: November 06, 2009, 01:41:56 AM »

I just read that Hoffman may run again for the GOP. This would be a huge mistake for them by running a retread after the debacle on tuesday. NY-23 is very republican but more so at the local level as Obamas 52-47 win there was only slightly less than the national average. He didnt even campaign in upstate NY in the primary or the general and had he done so it would have been at least as Democratic as the rest of america. It is NOT a very religious, social conservative area at all. If Cuomo is at the top of the ballot and has an easy race for Governor, Owens should beat Hoffman fairly easily.

I think Hoffman would be able to run an effective campaign as long as the Republicans don't nominate a centre-left RINO in a closed door meeting.  I mean, it is sad when the Republican is more liberal than the Democrat.  No wonder the far-right wingnuts were screaming bloody murder.

Upstate New York isn't the south.......
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:17:16 PM »

I just read that Hoffman may run again for the GOP. This would be a huge mistake for them by running a retread after the debacle on tuesday. NY-23 is very republican but more so at the local level as Obamas 52-47 win there was only slightly less than the national average. He didnt even campaign in upstate NY in the primary or the general and had he done so it would have been at least as Democratic as the rest of america. It is NOT a very religious, social conservative area at all. If Cuomo is at the top of the ballot and has an easy race for Governor, Owens should beat Hoffman fairly easily.

I think Hoffman would be able to run an effective campaign as long as the Republicans don't nominate a centre-left RINO in a closed door meeting.  I mean, it is sad when the Republican is more liberal than the Democrat.  No wonder the far-right wingnuts were screaming bloody murder.

It's more similar to the Upper South than you might imagine actually.

The district might be Republican, but it isn't conservative
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 10:03:51 PM »

It's more similar to the Upper South than you might imagine actually.

The district might be Republican, but it isn't conservative

Depends on your definition of conservative. McHugh certainly wasn't a RINO.

True, but he was also a well established incumbent, not to mention Hoffman is clearly to his right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies