2010 Indiana Senate and Congressional Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:15:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Indiana Senate and Congressional Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2010 Indiana Senate and Congressional Elections  (Read 12685 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »

Was this your lame attempt to be humorous?

No. Genuine electoral prognostication.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »

Stutzman wins with 104% of the vote. Coats and Hostettler both get –2% each.

That's his thing. Stupid jokes and jerking off to pictures of moderate Republicans.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »

Stutzman wins with 104% of the vote. Coats and Hostettler both get –2% each.

That's his thing. Stupid jokes and jerking off to pictures of moderate Republicans.

Whom does he define as Moderate Republicans?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 06:44:42 AM »

Last nights results were, well, extremely disappointing. I sincerely hope Marlin runs for Governor or Senator in 2012, and I think he would instantly be a frontrunner.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2010, 06:58:42 PM »

http://www.indianadebatecommission.com/

Tonight is the debate. Rebecca Sink-Burris will also be participating it in, so it will give her a chance to get her name out there. Should be exciting! Smiley It starts in 2 minutes. Follow the link above to watch it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »

I would like to let it be known (as the only person who still gives a crap about this race) that I am officially changing my support. It was originally Stutzman, then went to Burris, then Coats, then Burris, and now it has gone to Brad Ellsworth.

Why?

Well first off, I don't really like him. His HCR vote killed his chances. But let's look at his opponents: Rebecca Sink-Burris questions if Jesus is the Son of God, and has some very radical positions. Dan Coats is a carpetbagger who will never see this state again after he's elected to the Senate. He's extremely rude and arrogant as well.

That really only leaves on choice: Brad Ellsworth. His voting record isn't too great, but he's the only person in this race with Hoosier values who will actually try and represent his constituents.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »

I don't see Coats running for reelection. He just doesn't seem to have the passion or energy. Stutzman is a safe bet for IN-03 and has his eyes set on a second attempt at this seat in 2016, most likely.

Ellsworth on the other hand would be almost 95% likely to run a second time, and while Stutzman could win an open seat, defeating an incumbent Conserva-dem in a Presidential election that could lean either way is a very tall order.

I can't say that I blame you for not wanting to vote for Coats, however, speaking for me personally, it would take a lot to get me to vote for a Dem for the Senate in this environment.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 05:43:11 AM »

I would like to let it be known (as the only person who still gives a crap about this race) that I am officially changing my support. It was originally Stutzman, then went to Burris, then Coats, then Burris, and now it has gone to Brad Ellsworth.

Why?

Well first off, I don't really like him. His HCR vote killed his chances. But let's look at his opponents: Rebecca Sink-Burris questions if Jesus is the Son of God, and has some very radical positions. Dan Coats is a carpetbagger who will never see this state again after he's elected to the Senate. He's extremely rude and arrogant as well.

That really only leaves on choice: Brad Ellsworth. His voting record isn't too great, but he's the only person in this race with Hoosier values who will actually try and represent his constituents.

Congratulations. Really, the only republican candidate who had some principles was Stutzman. Do you think Ellsworth can pull it off?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »

Why?

Yeah I must say Dan Coats was probably one of the crappiest people to get to run for the seat. I don't think Ellsworth has a chance though considering the environment unfortunately.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 08:13:40 PM »

Why?

Congratulations. Really, the only republican candidate who had some principles was Stutzman. Do you think Ellsworth can pull it off?
You're absolutely right. It's a shame he lost, because he'd be a perfect representative for Indiana.

Ellsworth has no shot, but I think he'll perform better on election day than polls suggest. A lot of Republicans are very dissatisfied with Coats and may leave the Senate ballot blank. He's also turned off the homeschoolers. It's a real shame, because Ellsworth wouldn't be a terrible Senator.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

Why?

You're absolutely right. It's a shame he lost, because he'd be a perfect representative for Indiana.

Ellsworth has no shot, but I think he'll perform better on election day than polls suggest. A lot of Republicans are very dissatisfied with Coats and may leave the Senate ballot blank. He's also turned off the homeschoolers. It's a real shame, because Ellsworth wouldn't be a terrible Senator.

I still think Ellsworth could make it close. Coats has the name rec and is only hovering around 52% in the polls?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HouseSession3947/start/10848/stop/11194

Friends, today was a great day in American history. Marlin Stutzman has officially joined the US House of Representatives, and gave a heartwarming first speech. I look to see great things in the future from CONGRESSMAN Marlin Stutzman! Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies