Colorado 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:21:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Colorado 2010  (Read 8131 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »

It's sounding like Tancredo will be running:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tancredo-govs-race-111109,0,518466.story

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best news Ritter's had in a while.
Hispanics are going to dislike both candidates Ritter and Tancredo, one for getting Salazar out of CO and Tancredo and his policy against illegal immigration. Sucks to be a populist.

Anybody know who the third party candidates are running?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »

It's sounding like Tancredo will be running:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tancredo-govs-race-111109,0,518466.story

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best news Ritter's had in a while.
Hispanics are going to dislike both candidates Ritter and Tancredo, one for getting Salazar out of CO and Tancredo and his policy against illegal immigration. Sucks to be a populist.

Anybody know who the third party candidates are running?

I suspect it will be a few more months before they announce.

In any case, I still think McInnis is the slight favorite to win the Republican primary.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »

Didn't realize so many people wanted a 3rd party here. If it's Norton vs Bennet and Ritter vs Whomever I guess we could have two Ross Perrots in these races.

Though I think the 3rd party guy will do better in the Senate race if Norton is in then if it's Ritter vs McInnis, or Ritter vs Maes.

But anyone is better then Ritter so there's not doubt that THE republican, whomever will win.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »

Didn't realize so many people wanted a 3rd party here. If it's Norton vs Bennet and Ritter vs Whomever I guess we could have two Ross Perrots in these races.

Though I think the 3rd party guy will do better in the Senate race if Norton is in then if it's Ritter vs McInnis, or Ritter vs Maes.

But anyone is better then Ritter so there's not doubt that THE republican, whomever will win.

Well, the gubernatorial race is the choice between two Bush-era Republicans, while Norton certainly has her own problems. As you probably know, third-parties historically do well in our state, so it's certainly a possibility.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 03:10:34 AM »

The third party would need an ideological niche to fit into though, no?

Ritter and Bennet seem to be straddling the center-left blank, where you cannot accuse either of being centrist or leftist ideologues, so I don't see much room for air in the center or left unless Romanoff beats Bennet from the left or Tancredo beats McInnis from the right, but I think we gotta let some dust settle first to truly know.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 12:09:56 AM »

The third party would need an ideological niche to fit into though, no?

Ritter and Bennet seem to be straddling the center-left blank, where you cannot accuse either of being centrist or leftist ideologues, so I don't see much room for air in the center or left unless Romanoff beats Bennet from the left or Tancredo beats McInnis from the right, but I think we gotta let some dust settle first to truly know.

The "center-libertarian" ideology as I call it is fairly prevalent in certain parts of the state. Look at how well Perot did in 1992.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 12:17:08 AM »

I will agree that Colorado has a lot higher percentage of big-I Independent voters...but I don't think you can necessarily call that center-libertarian.  I mean, y'all did reject basic civil unions for the gays.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »

I will agree that Colorado has a lot higher percentage of big-I Independent voters...but I don't think you can necessarily call that center-libertarian.  I mean, y'all did reject basic civil unions for the gays.

It's not pure libertarianism, but compared to the two major parties it is.  Besides, on the gay marriage thing you must remember that some areas are very religious, not to mention the high Hispanic population.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »

So, after getting to have heavy influence on the COGOP platform, Tancredo has decided not to enter the race, giving McInnis a clear shot to the nomination, and essentially beginning the election. McInnis' record of criticizing federal spending could give him credibility when he attacks Ritter for having a hard time closing gaps in the budget.

http://www.denverpost.com/localpolitics/ci_13854307
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

Hell anybody is better than Bill Ritter.  I hope a Republican wins, at least a decent one.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2010, 08:28:23 PM by Vepres »

If you guys didn't see this, Rasmussen conducted a poll about 10 days ago of a McInnis-Hickenlooper match-up.

It showed McInnis up by three.

Rasmussen Poll
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »

Rasmussen links are best kept within
Code:
[link=http][/quote]
quotes
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 02:45:37 PM »

The Attorney General election is looking to be very interesting. Incumbent AG John Suthers, the only Republican currently holding a state-wide office (in fact, he won easily in 2006, which was otherwise a Dem sweep), will be taking on current Boulder County AG Stan Garnett.

Much of the debate will revolve around two issues: the powers of the federal government (the individual mandate being at the center of this) and medical marijuana. So far, I'd say Suthers should have a significant, though not huge, lead. The state seems to be headed for a large backlash against the Democrats, and the small government ideology is spreading everywhere. People in this state, particularly at this time of federally mandated spending helping to create huge state budget deficits, tend to be pro-state, anti-federal government.

Garnett's county will also be a huge liability. Boulder is definitely the most liberal (at least on social issues) sizable city in the state, and has a reputation of being full of hippies (which isn't too far off Tongue). Look to see Suthers call him a "Boulder liberal" frequently.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »

Doesn't Boulder County have a policy of non-enforcement on marijuana? If so this guy has my absolute overwhelming support. It'd be awesome if he had such a policy statewide.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »

A volunteer for the candidate for the State House in my district came by, and gave my mother a flier. He brags about advocating for a living wage and having been a volunteer for MoveOn.org. He'll probably win in a landslide too.

Ugh...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »

Vepres can you fix you January 15th post, this wide thread is making me get a stomach ache. Sad
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »

Vepres can you fix you January 15th post, this wide thread is making me get a stomach ache. Sad

Sorry, it wasn't wide on my browser for some reason.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »

Sorry, it wasn't wide on my browser for some reason.

It depends on what browser you use.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:28 PM »

A volunteer for the candidate for the State House in my district came by, and gave my mother a flier. He brags about advocating for a living wage and having been a volunteer for MoveOn.org. He'll probably win in a landslide too.

Ugh...

who?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »

Ugh...

who?

Matt Jones Angry
xavier110
United States
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »

Ugh...

who?

Matt Jones Angry

LOL, he has such a good bio!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »

Ugh...

who?

Matt Jones Angry

LOL, he has such a good bio!

I know Cry
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies