Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:11:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70648 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: June 25, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
« edited: June 25, 2012, 10:24:52 PM by Simfan »

I want to see Tweed win, "for the lulz". Bgwah ought not to recuse himself.

As the former holder of the office of [Northeast CJO], I would say it's safe to say that this case has its grounds in an overtly political reading of the Constitution, and thus would be dismissed as frivolous. In hindsight it's clear we have a dangerously sympathetic court.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »

I, along with (I'd assume) many other Atlasians (including several in the Labor & Whig parties), are publicly voicing their concern and whatnot about Tweed's lawsuit (which I am very concerned about publicly), while privately hoping Tweed triumphs (as Simfan put it) 'for the lulz'.

This is likely what we're all thinking.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »

it is important that we remember exactly what we are dealing with: a website, a bunch of zeroes and ones.  there is no material Atlasia.  all that there is is the institution.  even the most diehard dialectical materialist would have to admit that real-world 'laws' of nature cannot apply here. 

Nonsense. Atlas is as real as the ground underneath my feet, which, of course, is in Atlasia.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

The initial filing is summary enough.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:52:27 AM »

How funny would it be if the Court heeded Tweed's advice re: Napoleon but instead appointed clarence? Tongue

Or some random person entirely? Seriously though, I would be no less opposed to the court if they did that. However Tweed's argument falls apart if it does not involve him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies