Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:28:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70608 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: June 27, 2012, 01:50:40 AM »

How funny would it be if the Court heeded Tweed's advice re: Napoleon but instead appointed clarence? Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »

How funny would it be if the Court heeded Tweed's advice re: Napoleon but instead appointed clarence? Tongue

Or some random person entirely? Seriously though, I would be no less opposed to the court if they did that. However Tweed's argument falls apart if it does not involve him.

Same here. This whole thing is actually angering me. I'd just love to see it blow up in Tweed's face haha.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:14:22 AM »

Well, our democracy did not completely crumble today with the Court's two rulings.

The IDS ruling is a shame. It would seem to set the precedent that Court has the power to stop private citizens from participating in entrepreneurship. A big, big shame.

However, I don't believe it technically has this power. I would urge the companies responsible for the Dibble to continue production of their product. If you get down to the details of it, this practice can exist without a piece of legislation to regulate it.

Ever bought a souvenir coin at a tourist shop? It's the same thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies